one hundred & forty-three

one hundred & forty-three, champagne problems

elsie and austin sat beside each other on the eurostar, awaiting their arrival to paris.

austin had showed up 10 minutes after they finished texting to elsie completely dressed and ready to explore the city of paris.

the actress wore a maroon knitted sweater with a black skirt and heeled black boots with black tights.

if austin wasn't so nervous to spend the day with her, he would have admired her longer.

but he couldn't bear to keep eye contact with elsie for long.

all he could think when his eyes met hers was that he had blew his chance with someone as amazing and caring as elsie.

he also knew that she had recently just broken up with hayden and the last thing on her mind was getting into another relationship but austin was taking this opportunity to show elsie that he was different now.

he finally realized how good he had it with elsie and if he was given another chance, he would never jeopardize their relationship again for someone else.

elsie had showed him what unconditional love was and he wanted to show her that not every person she lets in her life will leave her for good.

no matter what austin did, he always found himself going back to elsie.

she was his safe place.

his home.

the mere touch from her brought him security and ignited a fire in him that only burned for her.

he burned for her.

his heart yearned for elsie.

and deep down in her heart, it still yearned for austin as well.

he had shown elsie she was capable of being loved after her very messy breakup with luke and she was grateful for austin because he was not only her boyfriend but he was also her best friend.

and even after everything that happened between them, they still held a special place in their heart for the other.

"so, what do you have planned for our day in paris?" elsie asked as she glanced over at austin.

"first, i think we should stop by the bakery that your dad used to take you as a kid and then we can take a trip to the louvre." austin stated earning a smile from elsie.

"i have been craving sweets from that bakery for months! can we visit my grandmother as well? i haven't seen her in a couple of months." elsie asked hopefully.

"yeah, of course." austin nodded before the train stopped, signaling their arrival.

"well, come on then! i want to see grams before sun down!" elsie exclaimed as she grabbed austin's hand and practically dragged him out of the train.

the two soon ventured off into the streets of paris, elsie leading austin towards the bakery she absolutely adored since she was a child.

her father was born in france but moved to england to be with her mother and help her start her fashion line soon after they were married.

elsie and jackie had spent every summer in france with their grams and gramps, well, that was until their grandfather had passed away a few years ago.

the two actresses couldn't find it in their hearts to spend the entire summer with their grams without their gramps there, so the two would often visit their grams during march and close to christmas time.