one hundred & thirty-eight

one hundred & thirty-eight, i've missed this

the bafta awards had come far sooner than elsie wanted, the actress dreading the thought of seeing hayden at the award show.

since their breakup, the two hadn't spoken to the other. selena had picked up elsie's things that she had left behind for filming and had taken padfoot with her.

the latina would be his caretaker/companion until elsie was finished with filming, which still had a few months left.

the entire breakup between her and hayden was messy and she could only imagine how awkward it would be for her to see him and be forced to sit at the same table as him.

to help ease her nerves a bit, florence would be attending the award show as elsie's plus one and had promised to stick by elsie's side for the entire night to help keep elsie's mind off of hayden.

elsie wore a simple white dress that had a slit that came up to her hip and hugged her curves perfectly.

florence wore an orange tulle dress that came up around the top and bottom.

once florence was done getting ready, she stopped by elsie's room and smiled at her best friend's appearance.

mere months ago, her best friend was in the hospital and now she stood in front of her stronger and beautiful as ever, despite the fact that she was currently sad about her breakup with hayden.

but florence knew elsie would be able to move on from hayden. he wanted elsie to change her plans too soon.

elsie planned on waiting a few years after she froze her eggs to go on with getting them fertilized but that changed when hayden was brought into the picture.

hayden wasn't the guy elsie needed. he was much older and was ready to settle down a little too quickly for florence's liking.

after the heartbreak elsie endured with luke and austin, elsie needed time to find herself again and she didn't have that before dating hayden.

elsie wasn't going to have that if she settled down with hayden. she needed to find herself before settling down and if florence was being honest, she didn't think hayden was the one.

sure, he treated elsie better than austin and luke did but he didn't understand that she was still young and had so much life ahead of her.

don't get florence wrong, she understood why hayden was upset, hell, she would be to if her current partner was hanging around someone that publicly admitted his feelings for them but that didn't give hayden the right to hold him being with briar against elsie.

the entire situation was unfair to both actors and it demonstrated that the two were on completely different paths.

hayden was ready to settle down and spend his life with elsie but elsie was still trying to make sense of herself in the world and she would not be able to do that if she had kids and married elsie.

it was a hard for florence to see elsie so devastated by the breakup but she knew it was better for the two in the long run.

"so, how do i look?" elsie asked with a childlike grin as she spun around in a circle to show florence her dress.

"absolutely breathtaking!" florence exclaimed with a bright smile as the two intertwined their hands together.

"you sure it doesn't look too much like a wedding dress?" elsie remarked as she looked down at the dress.

"will you stop fussing? you look great!" florence scolded causing elsie to sigh and nod.

"i know i'm making a big fuss about my dress but this is the last award show before the oscar's! god knows i'm not prepared for that." elsie remarked sheepishly.