one hundred & forty-nine

one hundred & forty-nine, sag awards

soon after her birthday, the sag awards had fast approached and elsie would be attending the award show with her co-star, jacob elordi.

before her breakup with hayden, the two were supposed to attend together but now that he was engaged to rachel, elsie didn't have anyone to attend the show with.

she originally thought of austin but the two hadn't discussed what their relationship was or if they were back together, so elsie decided to attend with jacob, to help with her nerves.

the two had gotten extremely close during their time filming sinner's desire and remained great friends after filming had concluded.

despite the fact that their exes had dated each other, neither one of them thought it was weird.

in fact, the two often sought advice from one another.

they were there for each other and overall helped each other heal from their break ups.

so it only made sense for elsie to attend the sag awards with jacob.

he brought her a form of comfort and she did that for him as well.

for the award show, the two had decided on a simple color.

elsie had chosen a sage green satin dress and jacob wore a matching tie with his suit.

elsie wore her hair in a loose bun with some hairs pulled out that were curled.

for makeup, elsie did a light green glitter eyeshadow with a nude lip.

elsie was excited for the night ahead of her, to say the least.

she was nominated for roles of the movies she had done in the last year as well as both movies being nominated for the night as well.

it was an exciting time in elsie's career and she was going to release her next album in a matter of two months.

out of all her albums, this was one that brought elsie out of her comfort zone.

she was never one to bash someone on the internet, let alone write an entire album dissing them.

elsie wasn't one for conflict but after hayden threw subtle shade at her after announcing his engagement with rachel, she thought conflict once in awhile wouldn't hurt.

it also didn't help that she'd be seeing him tonight and he'd more than likely bring rachel as his date and elsie wasn't sure if she was ready or strong enough to see him yet without slapping the absolute shit out of him for speaking down on her when he was the one who proposed to her while they were broken up and then proposing to rachel after she had rejected him.

the entire situation was fucked up and the way hayden was making it seem like elsie was the problem, absolutely pissed her off.

he shouldn't have expected for elsie to say yes to marrying him when they were broken up.

it was selfish. very selfish.

and elsie was relieved that she wouldn't be the one marrying him.

"elsie, you okay?" jacob asked as he noticed elsie's distant look.

"yeah, just thinking." elsie shrugged as the two waited to walk the red carpet.

"what's going on?" he asked, knowing elsie needed to talk about it to let it go.

"i'm just worried about hayden wanting to talk tonight. i don't think i'm ready to see or talk to him after, you know." elsie trailed off, slightly mentioning the proposal.