one hundred and six

one hundred & six, speculations

CAST OF LIVE ACTION CORPSE BRIDE REVEALED!

By People Magazine

Just two hours ago, director Tim Burton revealed that there would be a live action Corpse Bride that will be produced by Columbia Pictures after speculation of rumors earlier this month.

The first of the cast that was revealed was none other than Marvel's Elsie Verona, who will be playing the role of Emily.

Verona stated in an interview, "I'm very excited to be working with a brilliant mind like Tim's and I can't wait to bring my favorite childhood movie to life."

The next of the cast to be revealed was Dune's Timothee Chalamet, who will be playing the role of Victor.

Chalamet stated, "It's truly an honor to be able to work with Tim and work with talented actresses like my costars."

The next part of the cast to be revealed was Anya Taylor-Joy, who will be playing the role of Victoria.

Joy stated, "It's truly an honor to bring to life one of Tim's creations and work with amazing actors and actresses."

Burton made a statement in a recent interview stating, "When Columbia Pictures approached me, asking me who I wanted to portray these characters I created nearly eighteen years ago, my mind immediately drew to Emily first.

Emily is the center point of the entire film considering the film is named Corpse Bride and I wanted to cast someone who will not only portray Emily correctly but I wanted someone who can create incredible chemistry.

My first thought of who would portray Emily was Elsie. She's a fantastic actress and from her previous projects, she has undeniable chemistry with her co-stars and I knew that she'd be the right choice for our Emily.

For Victor, who is the other main character in the film, we had a tough choice between Timothee Chalamet and Bill Skarsgard. The two are both great actors but when it came down to choosing who would be perfect to play Victor, we went ahead with Timothee.

We didn't want to say goodbye to Bill so we had decided to cast him as our Lord Barkis. As for Victoria, we had Anya Taylor-Joy and Lily Rose-Depp as our main contenders.

But we ultimately went with Anya because of the chemistry between her and Timothee.

As for Maggot and Mrs Plum, we have decided to cast Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter for them because we wanted to have the original Emily and Victor contribute to the film somehow.

As for the rest of the cast, we are still making decisions and hopefully we'll have the complete cast list by December."

This will be the first time each actress and actor have worked together except for Helena and Johnny, who worked on multiple movies together.

Will Elsie Verona bring success to the live action remake or will she bring shame?

BELLA'S CORNER

next chapter is the premiere so stay tuned 😏

will elsie and austin make up or will things remain the same?

happy new years everyone!

i deadass wrote this chapter drunk AND hungover 🫡