one hundred & fifty-nine

one hundred & fifty-nine, vogue interview

elsie sat across from luke as the producers put the mic's on them while handing them the questions they were gonna ask each other.

"are we ready?" elsie asked as she turned to the producers.

"yeah. okay, ready, set, action!" the producer announced as they started filming.

"hi, i'm elsie verona." elsie smiled as she looked towards the camera.

"and i'm luke hemmings." luke smiled.

"and we will be asking each other questions with vogue." elsie announced before she turned to luke.

"would you like to go first or should i?" luke asked with a small laugh.

"i'll go first." elsie nodded as she flipped the card.

"okay. do you remember how we met? if so, explain in full detail." elsie stated as she chuckled lightly.

"oh god." luke remarked as the memory appeared in his mind.

"it was 2011. you were friends with one direction and my band was still posting our covers on youtube. i think your manager reached out to us and invited us to perform for your birthday celebration and i remember when we met, i felt my heart flutter because i have never seen anyone as beautiful as you." luke explained as elsie laugh.

"i admit, that was my way of shooting my shot with you. i was a very shy girl back then." elsie admitted with a smile.

"i guess it's my turn now. do you regret us breaking up? why or why not?" luke asked as he looked away from the card.

"no. we were together for seven years, from the age of 14 to the age of 21. we had spent our entire teen years loving each other and we never got to truly experience life without each other. towards the end of our relationship, we were becoming bitter and arguing more frequently and i think that was when we kind of knew it was over but we were holding into each other because we were all we knew and the idea of not being with each other was terrifying." elsie answered with a small frown.

"i have to agree with you on this one. i mean, we still loved each other but i think we began to feel sort of trapped and didn't know how to find a way out and i think we resorted to arguing to find an excuse to go our separate ways and that ended up being extremely hurtful for the both of us." luke agreed with a nod.

"yeah, it was a hard few months before we officially broke up and even then, it was hard after but i'm glad we reconciled because before we even started dating, we were best friends and i'd like to think we still are." elsie smiled fondly at luke.

"oh, of course. i better be your maid of honor at your wedding." luke remarked causing the two to laugh as elsie flipped over the next card.

"did you ever write a song about me?" elsie asked as she looked at luke with a small smirk.

"i think it's pretty obvious that i wrote a song about you. there's actually a few songs that were written about you." luke admitted bashfully.

"name them." a producer spit out causing elsie and luke to laugh as he began to blush.

"okay, there's out of my limit, amnesia, greenlight, never be, she's kinda hot, why won't you love me, ghost of you, moving along, lie to me, want you back, and not in the same way." luke listed off as he tried to remember which songs he wrote for elsie.

"wow, 11 songs? elsie, do you feel honored?" the producer asked elsie.

"yeah, i mean, they were the best songs written." elsie laughed as luke rolled his eyes playfully.