fourty-four

fourty-four, pleasant surprise

just like elsie had said, she had finished recording her songs for her album and she was now sitting in her dressing room as she got ready for her interview with jimmy fallon.

elsie had called austin the night she had finished her album and had informed him that she was invited to make an appearance on his show to which austin congratulated her and promised that he'd watch.

"hi pretty girl." austin smiled once elsie's face appeared on his phone screen.

"hi mr presley." elsie smiled as she leaned her phone against her mirror.

"how're you doing? are you nervous?" he asked as he laid in his bed.

"i'm a little nervous but i'll be fine." elsie reassured him, not wanting to worry her boyfriend.

"are you sure?" he asked.

"yeah, i'm sure. how was your day?"

"it was good. spent some time with my sister. i'm just excited to see you on the tonight show." he smiled.

"you know what im excited for?" elsie asked her boyfriend.

"what?" he asked with a small smirk.

"i'm excited to be in the same room as you. i managed to convince roxanne to buy me a plane ticket for tomorrow morning." elsie informed him causing a smile to appear on austin's face.

"you're serious?" he asked with excitement.

"as a heart attack." she replied.

"i can't wait until the second you're in my arms." he informed her.

"just a few more hours, elvis." she told him before a knock came from her door.

"you're on in five minutes, elsie!" roxanne yelled from the other side of the door.

"okay!" elsie yelled back before she turned back to austin.

"i hate to cut our call short but i have a show to appear on." elsie remarked.

"don't worry about it, baby. i'll have you all to myself by this time tomorrow." he reassured her causing a blush to form on her cheeks.

"okay, bye mr presley."

"bye mrs presley."

elsie blew her boyfriend a kiss before the call ended.

the girl glanced up at her reflection before she stood up and made her way to the door of her dressing room.

"ready?" roxanne asked once the door opened.

"ready as i'll ever be." elsie breathed out before the two made their way to the set.

"remember, jimmy is one of the few late night hosts that won't prod into your personal life. share as much as you want or as little as you please. just have fun and show everyone who elsie verona is." roxanne reassured her.

"thanks roxie." elsie smiled.

"our next guest stars in marvels cinematic universe as selina maximoff and will star in the biopic movie of elvis presley as none other than priscilla presley, even give it up for elsie verona!" jimmy announced causing people in the audience to cheer and clap as the young actress walked out.

she smiled and waved at everyone before hugging jimmy.

the two pulled away and sat back down as the cheers and clapping died down a bit.

"welcome to the show, it's great to finally meet you." jimmy smiled as elsie crossed her legs.

"it's a pleasure to be here, jimmy. thank you for having me." elsie smiled.