sixty-four

sixty-four, the big reveal

THE CAST OF THE SINNER'S DESIRE REVEALED!

By People Magazine

The cast of Darren Aronofsky's new psychological thriller has just been revealed this morning.

Darren Aronofsky is known to direct horror/thrillers and it is no surprise he is to direct another one just months after wrapping one.

In this psychological thriller, it explores a teacher-student relationship that will turn sour.

Aronofsky came out with a statement saying, "It's exciting to explore a topic that most directors do not want to touch. Sure, there will be backlash for the topic but I think this film will mess with the minds of the viewer and just transcend them into the world of desire and destruction."

The first cast member that was revealed was none other than DC actor Henry Cavill who will be playing the role of Henry Roberts.

Aronofsky stated, "Henry Cavill was the obvious choice for the role of Henry. He completely transformed into Henry and brought him to life during the audition process. I had turned to my casting director and I said 'this is Henry.' After that, we knew that Henry would be playing Henry."

Henry Roberts is a professor at the University of Oxford who teaches biology and as his sixth year of teaching approaches, he is found in a lover quarrel with one of his students, Amelia Wright.

The next cast member that was announced was Marvel actress Elsie Verona who will be playing the role of Amelia Wright.

Aronofsky stated, "Elsie came into the audition and totally blew us away with how well she portrayed Amelia. With Amelia, she's this shy, timid girl who is trying to find her identity in the world and Elsie brought our vision to life. Elsie has this look of youth that we wanted for Amelia and it was an obvious answer once we saw how captivating Elsie portrayed Amelia and her emotional turmoil."

Amelia Wright is a first year student at Oxford seeking to get a degree in Political Science so she could then go to law school.

Of course, this will be Cavill's and Verona's first time acting together on a project but with both of their experiences, we can assume that they will be able to capture the chemistry between Professor Henry and Amelia.

With Henry and Elsie being the main stars of the movie, there is few stars that will be important to the downfall of the movie.

Hayden Christensen, who will be playing Andrew Clark, another professor at the University of Oxford and close friend of Henry Roberts.

Emma Mackey of Sex Education will be playing Emily Watson, best friend of Amelia.

Jacob Elordi will be playing James Bennett, boyfriend of Amelia.

And Natalie Portman will be playing Molly Roberts, wife of Henry Roberts.

With this, concludes the main casting list of Aronofsky's movie.

Further casting will be announced later this year but with the castings so far, we can only assume the best for Aronofsky's new film.

Will Elsie Verona rise to the occasion and become Hollywood's next biggest actress?

BELLA'S CORNER

i'm so down bad for henry cavill, it's not funny

what do you think will happen in elsie's new movie? 🫣

and how will austin react to elsie getting the part?

should i feed you more? 🤭