1. Prolog

"No, no, please…" Namjoon dropped to his knees next to his wife and pulled her close, holding her to his chest as his tears dripped down her tired face.

"It's okay Joonie" she reached up and cupped his cheek gently, making him look into her eyes. "It's okay, it doesn't hurt anymore" she assured him and Namjoon squeezed her hand, kissing it softly.

"Please, baby, how will I go on without you, don't leave me please!" Namjoon continued to plead, holding her tighter as her life drained from his fingers and he struggled to apply pressure to the wound on her back to stop the bleeding.

"You will, dear, for my sake, for Izeul's sake!" Kim Binna coughed, blood trickling from the corner of her lips.

"I can't do it alone, Binna!" he pressed his forehead against hers and she smiled slightly. "You're not alone Joonie, you have the boys and our daughter" he shook his head desperately.

"Izeul needs her father, Namjoon, and the boys need a guide. Don't forget why we've come this far!" Binna squeezed his hand hard as another wave of coughing took over her chest.

Namjoon looked at the six surrounding them. Their eyes were full of tears, sorrow and regret. Guilt gnawed at the souls of these seven men as they watched the glue of the group lose her lives so they could live.

"Promise me, Namjoon" he looked at her again. "Promise me that you'll take care of Izeul and the boys, that you won't give up?" Binna took a deep breath and smiled again, her eyes slowly losing their sparkle.

"I promise!" he swore softly and kissed her tenderly. "Okay, don't make me regret trusting you, Joonie" Binna teased.

Namjoon shook his head, watching how despite everything, she was still smiling, still joking, still holding his hand, making him keep fighting, fighting for their dreams.

"Namjoon…" she was panting more and her body was starting to get heavy in his arms. "Go ahead, promise me!" Binna insisted, her voice almost a whisper.

"How…" he choked on his tears. "Find a new reason,Namjoon, don't shut yourself up." he shook his head. "No, never! I'll love you as long as I live, baby, no..." she put her hand over his mouth.

"This is my last wish, my love, do not leave Izeul without a woman's care." she cleared her throat. Her eyes fell on the boys and she smiled. "Or she'll pick up the bad habits of those here" Binna smiled at them with the love of an older sister.

Namjoon looked at them too. His men, his boys, each of them willing to die for the others. It was all thanks to her, each of them had found peace under her caring wing.

"I love you, Namjoon…" Binna whispered. Her body stiffened and she gasped for air. Her eyes widened and she clung to his clothes.

"No, no baby, please don't…" Namjoon shook her, but her eyes were quickly darkening, looking at him with a blank lifelessness.

"Noooo!" Namjoon roared and squeezed her as if he was trying to give her some of his own life force, to revive her.

He searched for her pulse, calling her name, but her body had long since given up. "No, no, honey, come back, please!" he cried, pressing his forehead into her neck, rocking like he was rocking a small child.

On May 25, 2017, Kim Namjoon lost the meaning of his life, his wife, Kim Binna died in his arms, killed by his first enemy, Kang Ji-Min.

Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook were left alone.

They lost a sister, a friend, a wife, a confidant, a comfort and a part of their strength. Kim Binna was the beginning of their relationship, and now they had to take care of her daughter, Izeul, and avenge her death.

This was the beginning of the rise of Bangtan, the thoughtless and heartlessly cold-blooded Kim Namjoon, who left room in his heart only for Bangtan and his daughter.

It took him two years to avenge Binna's death. Two years in which Bangtan methodically and with cold logic hunted down each and every one of the Kang family, led by Ji-Min.

However, none of them forgot. Binna's death was a blow they never recovered from, though they returned to their normal lives after taking their revenge.

Kim Izeul was growing up fast, becoming more and more like her mother. Namjoon had clung to her, projecting onto his daughter his love for his dead wife.

The boys worshiped her as something sacred, compensating for their guilt with attention to the little girl.

But no matter how much time passed, Namjoon was never able to fulfill Binna's last wish. He was never able to move on, stuck emotionally in the moment her life had left her body.

He forgot how to smile for real, except for his daughter, he forgot what it was like to share feelings with someone, what it was like to share his life with someone else. He forgot how to trust on any level other than friendship.

His life was work, raids and proving strength. A mobster in every sense of the word. No weaknesses, no doubts, no heart to get in his way.

The only thing that could shake his positions was carefully guarded in a huge mansion, guarded by the last word of technology and her six uncles.