36.

Desember 8,2019

"Holy shit!" Ari hissed, trying to open her eyes despite the searing pain in her temples that made her want to sink back into the darkness.

A creeping tickle ran through her limbs. Ari sighed and tried to free her hands, or at least loosen the knots so her blood could slowly begin to circulate.

The result was a painful rub, digging into her flesh. "Shit!" she grunted and tried to stand up, the same rubbing scraped her ankles and she slumped back heavily.

"Kim Namjoon, if you don't kill her, I will, I swear!" Ari thought and leaned her head forward, hoping her temples would stop throbbing so she could at least think and find a way to get out.

Ari tensed, making another attempt to open her eyes. And suddenly she realized that it wasn't that she couldn't open her eyes, it was just that the darkness was impenetrable.

Ari tensed again, making another attempt to look around. Nothing, absolutely nothing, not even a trace of a flashing light, a light or anything to indicate that the place he was in had an entrance or a window.

"Okay, what kind of place can let in no light or breeze, no air current at all?" she asked, struggling to determine where she might be.

"In my own grave, of course!" she sighed and shook her head, letting it fall back. Fortunately, the sitting position she was in precluded that possibility.

"Basement?" she whispered but shook her head. "Unlikely, it's too stuffy, the basements are cool and damp, smelling of mold." Ari muttered. "No, it's too warm, too stale air" she replied, realizing that she was actually talking to herself.

"Just take it easy Ari, think…" she muttered to herself again, taking a deep breath of the heavy air, trying to push the numb feeling down her arms and legs.

"Namjoon's looking for me, isn't he? And if he's looking for me, he'll find me and…" she let out a breath, her eyes burning as the first tear threatened to roll down her cheek.

"Namjoon is worse than hell when he's angry…" Ari began to calm down. "And I will enjoy every painful cry…" she tried to convince herself, suppressing her fear.

Her head jerked up at the sound of footsteps and she groaned at the sharp pain in her head. A metallic click of a latch and she closed her eyes, blinded by the bright light pouring in through what was probably the door.

"Aww, the queen is awake!" Ari opened her eyes, squinting to adjust to the already lit room. She looked around and raised an eyebrow, stopping to look at the huge stone tomb to her left, a catacomb of course,how she hadn't realized.

"Does your head hurt, your majesty? God, I hope it does" the female voice giggled, and Ari turned to face the outline of the entrance, returning her impassive expression.

"Park Lisa" Ari sighed and the woman stepped towards her, hands on her hips. "Let me go, before all hell breaks loose on your head, Lissa" Ari growled and Lisa leaned over her, looking at her curiously.

"Hell? If you're talking about MY Namjoon, don't worry, I'll take good care of him" Lisa smirked and Ari sighed, shaking her head in annoyance.

"Be honest with yourself, Lisa, you know Namjoon wouldn't look at you with more than annoyance. Never!" Ari rolled her eyes and Lissa laughed, standing up.

"On the brink of death and yet brave…" Lisa chirped and stepped back slightly. "You want hell, let me show you, your majesty!" she growled and Ari glared at the man who started walking towards her, holding a plastic bag.

He walked behind Ari and she turned her eyes to a grinning Lisa, gritting her teeth. "Enjoy your highness. Because by the time Namjoon gets to you, I'll be ecstatic over your death, and he won't even know I'm behind his loss!" Lisa growled and Ari gasped as the bag was slipped over her head and tightened around her neck.

The nylon began to slowly squeeze the air out of her lungs and Ari threw her head back, trying to push the man's hands away. "Slow down, don't kill her yet, I want to enjoy her torment for a long time!" she heard Lisa command and then her evil laugh.

Ari felt her heart pounding in her ears. Gasping for air, her body arched forward, nearly knocking over the chair she was tied to.

A searing pain gripped her chest and her vision began to blur, black spots erupting in front of her eyes. "Enough!" Lisa's voice entered her mind and the bag disappeared.

Ari's head fell to her chest as her lungs struggled to catch up with the lack of air with a wheezing sensation in her throat. "That's right, breathe! Breath, while you still can, queen!" Lissa laughed, lifting her chin with two fingers.

"I'll...kill you!" Ari hissed breathlessly, looking at her proudly and viciously. "Oho, where did this warlike spirit come from, huh? Again!" Lisa ordered and dropped her chin, standing up.

The bag wrapped around Ari's neck again and she began to struggle again, the ropes around her wrists and ankles tightening mercilessly. The bag disappeared again.

"I wonder what Namjoon found in a pathetic being like you?" Ari felt Lisa's breath on her cheek and opened her eyes slightly. "Go...fuck.. yourself!" she hissed hoarsely and jerked her head up, punching Lisa in the nose.

"Fucking bitch!" Lisa roared, stepping back and clutching her nose. Blood pooled between her fingers and despite her blurry vision and dizziness, Ari smiled wickedly.

"Again!" Lissa screamed in a trembling voice. Ari took a deep breath and held it, mentally preparing for the next choke. Squinting, this time she didn't even flinch as the bag covered her head and tightened around her neck.

Through the wheezing sound of her lungs, the sound of the bag tightening around her neck, and the dizziness, Ari could hear Lisa's shrill, hateful laughter echoing through the catacomb.

Her body was slowly losing strength, despite her attempts to hold in what little air she had left. Her eyes were closing, and she surrendered to the comforting feeling of lightness.

"Namjoon…" was her last thought before darkness took over and gripped her mind. Her eyes closed and everything disappeared.

"That's enough, she'll live a little longer!" Lisa hissed, eyeing Ari's lifeless body. The man backed away and started for the exit. "No one humiliates me without paying, queen!" Lisa brought her over and kissed her gently on the cheek, before she followed the man and the door closed with a heavy growl behind her.