54.

November 17, 2020

"I think you need to rest, Miss Ari" Mrs. Jiang gently grabbed her armpit and helped her to the nearest seat. Izeul tilted her head, dragging a box of toys behind her, trying to help with the new room.

Ari smiled gratefully and looked at Izeul, who was watching her curiously. "What are you wearing sweetie?" Ari asked and Izeul smiled. "Toys, there's no more room in my room, so I'll leave them here," she explained sweetly, dropping the box near the baby crib Ari was struggling to put together.

She looked with a smile at the little girl who came running out of the room, hopping from foot to foot and singing something to herself. Ari had explained to her that she was going to be a big sister now, but Izeul either didn't seem to understand or didn't really care.

Ari could find a thousand excuses for her behavior, but none for Namjoon's behavior. He had clearly warned Mrs. Jiang to keep Izeul away from Ari and refused to give an explanation for it.

Right now she was punishing him with silence and he didn't like it at all, but they were both stubborn and the situation was only getting worse.

She bent down slightly, rubbing her back. A slight pain had been shooting down her lower back and moving to her stomach since the morning, but Ari ignored it considering it only appeared for a short time and every few hours.

Leaning back comfortably again, she stroked her enormous belly, smiling proudly. The babies were behaving, she was already at the beginning of 36 weeks, 4 more weeks until her scheduled c-section and she was hoping they would wait and dispel the myth of premature birth with twins.

"Hey miss mommy, how are you?" Ari smiled at Hoseok, who leaned down and kissed her on the forehead, then looked around the room with his hands on his hips. "It's going really well, but I think you should rest and leave it to us" he shook his head and Ari shrugged.

"I'm fine, besides, I've had enough lays for a lifetime," Ari replied slightly annoyed, also looking around at her work. "Where's Namjoon?" she asked and Hoseok glared at her.

"Don't you know?" he asked raising an eyebrow and Ari shook her head. "We're not talking" Ari explained to his questioning look and he snorted. "What did the idiot do again?" Hoseok asked irritably and Ari rolled her eyes.

“He told Mrs. Jiang to keep Izeul away from me” Ari sighed and closed her eyes, rubbing her forehead. "Why is he doing it, Hoseok, why does he want his daughter to stay away from me and the babies?" Ari asked, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Maybe he's just worried that Izeul is too energetic and tiring you out?" Hobi suggested and Ari shook her head. "That's no excuse, I may not be her biological mother, but I adore her as much as babies, she's my daughter too" Ari wailed and Hoseok crouched down next to her, stroking her back soothingly.

"Now should be the time for Izeul and the babies to bond, for her to feel like their sister, and he's keeping her away from me!" Ari sobbed, crumpling the hem of her baggy maternity shirt.

"Did you tell him?" Hoseok took her hand and tried to wipe away her tears. "He wouldn't let me explain to him" Ari shook her head and sniffed heartbreakingly. "He's one stubborn ass!" she hissed and Hoseok let out a small laugh.

"So that's why Namjoon has been like a storm cloud lately?" he asked and she nodded. Hoseok laughed again. "He loves you, Ari, he's just worried too much" Hoseok tried to justify Namjoon, but Ari gave him a sharp look.

"Hobi hyung?" Taehyung flew into the room, but when he saw Ari, he forced a smile. "What?" Hoseok stood up and looked at him. Taehyung looked from Ari to Hoseok, then back to Ari and nodded that he wanted to talk to him outside.