65.

October 30, 2021

Ari slowly opened her eyes, squinting against the bright light. A dull ache throbbed in her shoulder and suddenly she remembered. Sitting up abruptly, she placed a hand on her stomach and tears began to stream down her cheeks.

"Namjoon!" her scream cut through the silence of the hospital room and her door slammed open, letting in a frightened Namjoon, who was on his knees by her bed, before she could even catch her breath.

"Honey, does it hurt, do you want me to call the doctor?" he spoke quickly, his gaze roving her body, his hand resting on top of hers on her belly. "Namjoon, the baby?" Ari whispered plaintively and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"The baby is fine, love, but please, don't give me any more surprises like this!" he growled and rested his forehead on her thigh. "Thank God" she slumped back into the pillow, hiccupping in pain. The tight bandage on her shoulder made the bed uncomfortable and she tried to adjust.

Namjoon stood up, adjusted her pillow, then pulled up a chair. "Do you have any powers for visitors?" he asked and she looked at him with raised eyebrows. "The kids, Miss Jiang and Tori are at the door" he smiled and she beamed, shaking her head.

"Okay, I'm going back now" he stood up and opened the door, letting the two women who were carrying the twins pass, Izeul stalking in front of them. "Mom…" Areum reached out for her and Ari nodded to Mrs. Jiang to hand it to her, Namjoon took Narun and Izeul climbed onto the bed in her lap.

"Princess, don't lean on her belly and watch her shoulder" Namjoon warned softly, Ari smiled as Areum tried to grab a lock of her hair. "Leave her, baby, just explain to her" Ari leaned down and Izeul reached up to get a kiss on the cheek.

"Sweetie, you remember how the twins were in my belly and we had to protect them, right?" Ari asked softly and Izeul nodded in concentration. “There is another baby in my belly now and it needs to be taken care of too” Izeul's eyes widened excitedly.

"Another baby?!" Tori and Mrs. Jiang exclaimed at the same time and Ari nodded with a smile. “This one here is like a breeding animal” Yoongi's voice came from the door. "How are you, Ari?" he asked, approaching her bed.

"Someone has to fill the house with kids, Yoongi, since you don't want to" Namjoon sneered and Yoongi snorted rolling his eyes "You obviously took your mission very seriously" Yoongi walked over to the other side of the bed and took Areum from Ari, the little one immediately laughed, clinging to his cheeks.

"Come on princess, you won't ruin my gorgeous hair" Seokjin joined the group, taking Izeul from Ari's lap, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. "How are you, Ari?" Mae appeared from behind Jin, sitting on the end of the bed.

"I'll survive" Ari smiled and looked at her children one by one, enjoying the sweet family picture-worthy sight. "How long do I have to stay?" she asked Namjoon who was just making faces at his son. "The doctor said that the wound is not serious at all, you have nothing affected, only the muscle, so they can discharge you as early as tomorrow, if you will be careful" he replied and crawled to Narun.

Clearing the throat caught everyone's attention. "Are you awake, Ms. Kim?" a nurse approached her bed and Ari nodded with a smile. "I need to change your bandage" she explained and Namjoon stood up, handing Narun to Tori.

"Yoongi, Seokjin, take the kids, Mrs. Jiang and Tori home, make sure they're safe, Mae, go with them" Mae nodded and stood up, Namjoon winking at Seokjin who rolled his eyes, but blushed.

"Send two guards to stay with Ari when I'm gone" he added and Yoongi nodded walking towards the door, Areum in his arms. "Inform me on the phone if there's anything new" Namjoon called after them, then returned to his seat, watching the nurse begin to change Ari's bandage.

The nurse hastened to do her work and left them alone. "Was it Hyo and Lisa?" Ari asked once the two were alone. "Yes" Namjoon answered simply and Ari sighed. "They won't give up, will they?" she looked down at her lap and a few tears rolled down her face.

“Hey..” Namjoon moved to the bed, on the other side of her and stretched out his huge body, Ari settled down against his chest and sobbed. "I'll catch them this time, baby, I promise" he whispered, kissing the top of her head and wrapping her body in a secure embrace.

"They could have killed our baby, Namjoon, our children were there, there were so many dead!" sniffling, she buried her face in his neck. "I know, my love, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" he began to stroke her back gently and soothingly.

"Look at me, Ari" Namjoon cupped her chin and lifted her face, leaning in and peck her lips softly. "I won't let anything happen to you or the kids, baby. I'm no longer the weak young man who just watched his wife die in his arms, I'm not helpless" he kissed her again.

"Last night…" he held her close, careful with her shoulder. "I've never felt such terror, love" he gritted his teeth, feeling his anger rising quickly. "Hyo will pay, my love, I swear and it will be slow and painful!" he growled and she looked at him startled.

"Namjoon…" he looked at her and his eyes softened. "You and the kids are everything to me, Ari, I won't let my past continue to hurt you" Ari nodded laying back on his chest. “I have to go after them myself, baby…” Namjoon sighed and she looked up sharply, shaking her head.

"You can't leave me alone, Namjoon, not now!" Ari protested in a shaky voice and Namjoon smiled slightly. "It's not a coincidence that they call me the devil of Bangtan, baby, I'll be back and everything will be alright" Namjoon promised, kissing her softly.

"No, Namjoon, not with three kids and another on the way, I forbid you to go after them!" she pushed his hands away and sat with her back to him. "Honey, I have to, I have to finish this alone" Namjoon tried to hug her again but she stopped him.

"Why? Why is it that every time I think everything is in the past and I can be happy, something always happens?" Ari cried, and swung her legs off the bed. "Honey, please trust me!" Namjoon also stood up and crouched in front of her, hands on her hips.

"I believe you, Namjoon" she looked at him, she even tried to smile, but her trembling lips betrayed her fear. "Honey, I love you, you know it, nothing can stop me from going back to you and the kids!" he placed his palm on her belly.

"I promise this is the last time, my love, and I will never leave the mansion for a mission again" he moved between her legs and kissed her belly. "I'm going to cling to you so much, that you'll get sick of looking at my face and I'll make sure you're in that state all the time" Namjoon winked at her and she laughed a little.

"At least, I'm not throwing up out of the air this time" Ari smiled, ruffling his hair. "But a little birdie told me you fainted a few times" Namjoon pouted and Ari laughed. "Does the little bird happen to be called Mae?" she asked and he shrugged. "I'm not giving away my sources, honey!" Namjoon growled and looked at her hungrily.

"You're lucky you're injured, or I would have…" she placed a hand over his lips. "Namjoon, for God's sake, we're in a hospital!" Ari blushed profusely and Namjoon kissed her palm.

"I love you, Mrs. Kim!" she blushed even more hearing her new last name from his mouth. "I can't believe we actually did it" Ari whispered and lowered her head, resting her forehead against his. "We definitely did, love! There's no getting away and you're going to hav'to get used to the name" he kissed her softly.

"See what I have to deal with, baby" Namjoon pouted against her belly and Ari laughed. "Two years and I still have to remind your mother that she belongs to me!" he growled indignantly and she literally fell off the bed, choking on laughter.