52.

October 21, 2020

"Something?" Namjoon rubbed the base of his nose, he had a terrible headache, barely slept, keeping Arie company again. He was already wondering how the two of them would cope with two babies.

“Park…” he looked at Yoongi with raised eyebrows. "Everyone else was attacked and killed, except for Park." Yoongi explained. "Like he knew his attacker. No signs of a struggle like the others, no guards injured or killed, nothing, just him" Namjoon narrowed his eyes.

"Do you think he organized the attacks and then his men turned on him?" Namjoon asked, flipping through a few pages of the reports Seokjin had handed him.

"My man from the police said that according to the pathologist, he was one of the first killed. If he was the mastermind and the mercenaries had already removed him, why did they finish the job?" Namjoon looked at Jimin thoughtfully. "Yes, so to speak, there is no logic" he sighed and leaned back with his eyes closed.

"And where is his daughter?" Namjoon thought back, remembering that Park Lisa had been missing for a long time, not that he was complaining. "Not in the country as far as I know" Jimin answered and Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

Jimin shrugged. "Apparently Park sent his daughter abroad" added Jimin. "So we don't care about her. Jin hyung, any of your people?" Namjoon asked, turning to Seokjin who crossed his legs, leaning back comfortably with his arms spread out on the back of the couch.

"Nothing concrete, just rumours" Jin sighed. "There's talk of a new group, but no one knows who they are or if they even exist" he bit his lip thoughtfully. "There are a few more attacks that aren't related to us or our people though" Namjoon raised an eyebrow.

"Who and why would go out to take territory so chaotically?" Namjoon leaned his elbows on his desk. "Unless they're trying to distract" he dug into the reports again.

"Is it possible that we're not the target? It's just someone who's also connected to our people? Someone they're doing business with behind our backs?" Yoongi asked and everyone turned to him. "Not out of the question" Seokjin muttered thoughtfully.

"We don't have contracts that require families who work for us to share their side activities, but if it is someone they work with, who is he and why are they going after him, removing his clients?" Yoongi stretched out his legs and also laid his head back, closing his eyes.

"The more we find out, the messier it gets" Seokjin snorted in annoyance and Namjoon nodded, placing his chin on his index fingers. “What connects all the attacked if it's not us? Who is it that connects them and if it's a side business, why haven't we heard anything until now?” Namjoon took a deep breath and held it before letting it out noisily.

"The more interesting thing is, who has the guts to run a business in more than one territory? In the sense, well, if it's a side thing, with our subordinates, he's in our territory, so he went against us, but the other ones killed have nothing to do with it and they're in foreign territory” Jimin stood up and paced nervously back and forth.

"At the moment, Bangtan and Tokko are the ones with the largest territories." Yoongi growled as Jimin unintentionally bumped his shoulder. "But as far as I know, Tokko got hurt too" he finished, giving Jimin a sharp look.

"We've always avoided contact with them until now, but they're probably investigating too, maybe we should join forces?" Seokjin looked at Namjoon curiously.

Namjoon thought about it. Tokko were too aggressive even for Bangtan. Even if Namjoon was famous as the devil in human form, even he wouldn't do the things he heard about Tokko.