21.

October 29, 2019

"There's no…" Namjoon was cut off by a panting Taehyung who stormed into his office without bothering to knock. Three pairs of eyes turned to him.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon…" he began breathlessly, propping himself up on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. "If I'd known it was going to happen, I wouldn't have told her anything…" he paused to catch his breath.

Namjoon and Seokjin raised their eyebrows. It was assumed that Ari was currently practicing shooting with Taehyung as they discussed a possible partnership with another group and their leader was sitting next to Seokjin and across from Namjoon.

When Namjoon had a meeting with another leader it was always at his house, it was rare but right now there was just such a meeting and Taehyung's intervention was not something that was expected.

And for him to interrupt them, something serious had happened and he tensed up. "Breathe, Tae, and tell me what you said and why you look like the devil is chasing you?" Namjoon tried to calm him down and glanced sideways at the other who was watching the scene curiously.

Taehyung looked uncertainly at the outsider and turned back to Namjoon. "Ari, she was asking me questions about…about Binna…" he stretched and shook his head. "I don't know what happened to her, all of a sudden she just freaked out and, shit, she's scaring me to death, no one can get her gun and…" he looked pleadingly at Namjoon.

"What?!" Namjoon growled and Taehyung looked down. “I'm sorry, hyung, she asked and…” he swallowed dryly, avoiding Namjoon's gaze.

"I'll deal with her, you go ahead" Seokjin interjected, standing up. Namjoon looked at him skeptically but nodded. The meeting was important, so there was simply no other choice at the moment.

Seokjin and Taehyung walked out and Namjoon turned back to his guest. "I'm sorry about that, women, what can I say..." he shrugged indifferently and the other nodded in understanding.

"Ari, calm down, for God's sake!" Seokjin tried to approach her to take the weapon from her, but she was completely distraught. Her tears flowed, her chin trembled and she sobbed like a child.

"I can't do it, I can't be like her!" Ari cried and forced the new magazine in, reloading the gun, she aimed it and with a scream emptied the magazine into the target again.

"What the hell did you say to her, Taehyung?" Seokjin glared at him and Taehyung backed away timidly as Ari turned slightly towards them, reloading. "Nothing much, she asked what Binna was like next to Namjoon, there among ours and…" he trailed off as she fired off another magazine, still screaming tearfully.

“I can't, Jin oppa, how can I be like her, how can I scare them!” Ari cried and bowed her head, staring at the gun. Her hand shook uncertainly as she reloaded. Seokjin gaped. "Ari, stop and look at me." he ordered softly but loudly and she obeyed.

"No one wants you to be like Binna, little one. You just have to keep your head up and don't let them crush you" he smiled and she sobbed even harder. "There's the problem, Jin oppa! So I have to scare them, just like her!" Ari aimed the weapon again and began firing.

"Ari, that's not what I said…" Jin tried again, but she cut him off, her worried gaze darting to him and she tilted her head, smirking like a psychopath, clearly not listening to him at all. "He'll know… The very first time I stand next to him in front of them and freak out, they'll all know…" she shook her head.

“Ari…” Seokjin looked at Taehyung who continued to back away, not taking his eyes off Ari's gun that was currently hanging from her index finger. "They'll find out I'm weak, Jin oppa, and they'll take advantage, use me against him and I won't be able to protect him and he'll abandon me and..." she cried again, changing her demeanor again.