45.

Namjoon yawned and tried to roll onto his side, feeling the muscles in his back go numb. The light weight on his chest stopped him and he opened his eyes, looking down.

Arie was lying on her stomach, half on top of him, one leg over his and her heel under his knee, one hand resting on his chest and the other on his shoulder, under her cheek.

She looked so relaxed and somehow fresher, her eyelashes fluttering in sleep, her cheeks slightly flushed and she bit her lower lip.

He hadn't seen any color in her face since they had arrived at the cottage. He tried to reach for his phone to see what time it was, it was dark outside, but he felt rested, which meant the two of them had been asleep for hours.

He tried to push her away without waking her, knowing Ari needed this sleep. She could hardly sleep for more than an hour or two without having a nightmare or having a meltdown, and Namjoon didn't want him to be the reason she woke up after probably a week, if not more, of not sleeping properly.

She seemed to feel him stir and sighed, muttering something. Her fingers trembled and slid up his bare chest to his shoulder. Namjoon gritted his teeth. "Now isn't the time, bro!" he thought, feeling his body turn on from her light touch.

Arie shifted some more and Namjoon breathed a sigh of relief as she rolled onto her other side, hugging her pillow and pressing it to her chest.

"Good girl" he smiled and stood up, stretching his body. He looked at his phone. June 5, 4:26 am. Eight days? He turned and looked at Ari again, she was still sleeping soundly.

She had been in this state for almost two weeks, eight days since he had brought her to Yoongi's forest lodge. Eight days in which he fought for the woman he loves, trying to get her back to the sunny girl he fell in love with.

"Maybe today she would be better, calmer" Namjoon thought hopefully and sighed. He put his phone down and walked towards the kitchen, actually, he just went behind the counter opposite the bed because the lodge was one room, plus a small combined bathroom.

Opening the fridge, he pulled out bacon, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber and milk. From one of the cupboards he pulled out a ready-made pancake mix and a jar of jam, determined to make her breakfast.

He left everything on the counter, wondering what else he could add. Mrs. Jiang had prepared many things before he left, but the two of them had barely eaten because most of the time, if they weren't sleeping, Namjoon was trying to deal with Ari's crises.

Finally, Namjoon decided to just add some fruit and headed to the bathroom to freshen up before he started making breakfast.

Washing the shampoo out of his hair he rested his hands on the wall enjoying the warm water when a noise from the other room caught his attention and he quickly turned off the water, wrapped himself in a towel and entered the room expecting Ari to be awake and ready to met what awaited him.

His gaze sought her, but she continued to sleep soundly, except that she had company. "How did you get in?" he slowly walked towards the bed, tucking the towel around his waist.

 "How did you get in?" he slowly walked towards the bed, tucking the towel around his waist