41.

Fast forward.
May 24, 2020

"Ari, look at this" she stood up and looked up at Izeul's hands. "It's lovely,
sweetie, how about we put it in water?" Ari asked, taking the flower from Izeul's hands.

Izeul nodded enthusiastically and Ari stood up, taking her hand. "Daddy!" Izeul squealed and quickly let go of her, running towards Namjoon who bent down to pick her up.

"Hi princess how are my girls?" Namjoon asked, kissing Izeul on the cheek. "Dad, I think Ari is sad" his daughter whispered in his ear and Namjoon looked back at Ari, eyebrows raised.

"Why do you think so princess?" he asked as he carefully watched Ari as she slowly approached them with a slightly distracted expression.

Namjoon had been away from home for a few days, but in addition to Ari, he had also talked to the boys. None of them mentioned Ari being unwell or anything happening.

"Honey, are you okay?" he asked as she reached them and pinched Izeul's cheek with a warm smile. "Of course, why?" Ari asked, standing up on her toes to peck his lips.

"Just asking" Namjoon smiled slightly, noticing her avoiding his gaze. "Come on, I've brought presents!" he carefully held Izeul, who jumped into his arms and took Ari's hand, leading them back into the house.

Izeul hurriedly gathered up her gifts in her room, accompanied by Mrs. Jiang, and Namjoon led Ari to their bedroom.

"Okay, baby, now I want the truth" Namjoon said firmly once he closed the door behind them. "What truth?" Ari asked slightly worried and Namjoon leaned against the door, crossing his arms and looking her up and down.

"Ari, you're a terrible liar and that's one of the things I love about you," Namjoon smiled and she sighed, looking away. "If you don't tell me, I'll rip it out by force, my love" Namjoon insisted, bringing her closer, cupping her face so she wouldn't avoid his gaze.

"Tomorrow is the anniversary of Binna's death…" Ari began and Namjoon sputtered slightly, nodding. "I know, and?" still Namjoon continued to insist. "I…" she bit her lip and freed herself from his arms, turning her back on him.

"Ari, you know I love you…" he stood behind her, holding her to his chest. "It's not that…" Ari shook her head and sighed, resting her chin on her chest.

"Then what? For God's sake, honey, tell me what's going on?" he turned her towards him again, holding her shoulders. "Can I come with you?" Ari shot out and looked at him nervously, biting her lip.

"Of course you can, what kind of question is that? Is that why you're so worried?" Namjoon asked in relief and she nodded slightly. "Oh, baby, you're gorgeous and I'm sure if Binna was alive she'd adore you just as much as I do" Namjoon assured her with a smile and she looked at him uncertainly.

"Yeah, every woman adores the one who stole her husband" Ari rolled her eyes and Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "So you fell in love with me first?" Namjoon joked and she sighed in annoyance. "Does it matter?" Ari asked and tried to push him away.

"And yet you left, tried to see someone else, then put our love to the test? You evil woman!" he growled and began to tickle her. "Namjoon, no!" Ari squealed, squirming in his arms and laughing out loud.

"Ok ok...enough...Namjoon!" Ari moaned and he let out a low grunt, pushing her onto the bed. "Those sounds, baby… Those are very dangerous sounds…" Namjoon growled, climbing onto the bed and bracing himself on his hands, hovering over her.

"Oh, so…" she pushed herself up onto her elbows and now their faces were only an inch apart. "Those sounds?" she moaned again and Namjoon's eyes darkened. "Baby…" Namjoon started warningly and she raised an eyebrow.