33.

November 28, 2019

Dressed in plain jeans, a warm sweater, and her coat, Ari was leaning against the wall next to Namjoon's office door, holding an empty folder in her hands.

She carefully surveyed the girls gathered in the hall who had come for the nanny interview. Everyone was around her age, except for one woman, in her mid-forties, who stood demurely to the side of the group.

Noticing her gaze, the woman gave her a sweet, somewhat motherly smile, making Ari feel like she was being wrapped in a warm hug. The rest of the girls ignored her, seeing her as competition.

Izeul had run between the girls a little earlier, but no one paid any attention to her except for the woman who had followed the child with a kind look and a slight nostalgic smile.

Ari looked at Jungkook, then Jimin, who were supposed to be watching the roar but were actually the main attraction. The idea was for Ari to choose the nanny based on her observations and experience, that's why they were both here, that's why she was standing in the middle of the group watching everyone.

"I heard the father was very rich and he was cool!" Ari raised an eyebrow. "If all the men in the house are like these two, I'll work for no pay" chirped another, making Ari roll her eyes.

Ari looked back at Jungkook and Jimin who were flirting with their eyes. Of course, why not help her cut the chaff. Possibly having a little fun. Arie saw several girls give them their phones, supposedly surreptitiously.

One of the girls approached her and leaned against her. "About the interview?" she asked and Ari nodded curtly. "You know you don't stand a chance looking like that?" the girl asked again and Ari shrugged nonchalantly.

Her gaze returned to the older woman who was shaking her head in frustration as she watched the girls flirt with Jimin and Jungkook. Her demure persona stood out glaringly among the besotted young girls.

Arie smiled back at her and received the same smile back again. "Why don't you just leave?" asked the girl next to her and Ari turned her head, looking her up and down, but didn't answer.

"I heard Mr. Kim, I think that's what he was called, slept with the previous nanny and then dumped her" Ari heard another girl whisper. "That's how I understood, that's why he was looking for a new one!" exclaimed another, shaking her head.

"Oh, this is going to be fun, I don't mind enjoying it while pretending to take care of the little snot!" chirped a third, and Ari sighed in annoyance.

Listening to the rumors that were floating around about her and Namjoon, seeing how some of the girls were already openly flirting with Jungkook and Jimin, she had made her choice.

Footsteps caught her attention. She turned her head to watch Namjoon walk down the stairs coldly scanning the girls, his eyes fell on Ari but she shook her head and he pretended not to know her.

Ari smirked as the crowd was engulfed in whispers, surprised gasps, and lustful glances at Namjoon who made his way to the office door without looking at anyone in particular or directly in the eye.

But when he reached the door, before entering, he winked at her. Her stomach clenched and she bit her lip, rolling her eyes at the girls who huddled even closer.

"Okay, girls" they all turned their heads to Jimin who also made his way to the door and held it open. "Please don't push, Mr. Kim is ready to receive you." he stepped back slightly, letting everyone pass him.

Ari and the old woman were the last to enter. Ari offered her the only remaining empty seat, the second chair in front of Namjoon's desk, as she leaned against the wall in the far corner. Watching Namjoon and the girls from above.

Jimin walked around the girls, collecting their resumes and standing to Namjoon's left, he handed them to him. Jungkook stood on his right and the two of them knew how to pose like bodyguards, which made Ari smile and shake her head.

Namjoon began to transfer the documents, looking at the girl in question from under his eyebrows after each one. Ari almost laughed at his attempts to not look at her.

"Mr. Kim?" Namjoon and Ari both turned their heads in the direction of the voice. The girl who had told her she wasn't dressed appropriately had her hand up and was looking at Namjoon seductively, showing more thighs than necessary.

"Yes?" Namjoon looked at her blankly, raising his eyebrows. "Why did the previous nanny leave?" she asked, getting a nod of approval from the others, clearly that was the main issue, not the child they were here for.

Namjoon leaned back with his arms folded, looking around the girls and his eyes landed on Ari who smiled gently at him. "She hasn't left." Namjoon replied looking back at the girl who was now looking at him questioningly.

"If she didn't leave, why do you need a new nanny?" the same girl insisted and Namjoon looked at Ari again. "Because I promoted her" Namjoon replied, getting a surprised "O" in return.

"Are there any other questions or can we continue with the interview?" he asked and the girl nodded but still she leaned over to the one next to her and whispered something in her ear which made her giggle.

Namjoon was starting to get irritated and Ari wondered how long it would take before he exploded. Jimin and Jungkook were already blushing, barely holding back their laughter.

Arie began counting down from 10, waiting for the shock wave as she watched Namjoon continue to flip through the resumes as if interested.

Arie had barely gotten to four when Namjoon angrily threw the papers on the desk and slammed into them. "For God's sake, baby, this is ridiculous!" he snarled and Ari smirked walking over to the desk and standing between him and Jungkook.

Namjoon wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his lap. Ari looked around the girls and stopped at the one who happened to be the most impudent of them all. She was looking at her with her mouth open and her expression angry.

"Did you choose?" Namjoon asked and Ari looked at him, nodding. "Good, can we drop this farce then, I have a real job" he pouted and Ari finally laughed.

"Of course, you're free" Namjoon immediately jumped in relief, kissing her, he let her sit in his chair and, followed by Jungkook, left the office with a brisk step.

Ari shook her head with a smile, then turned to the girls with a serious look. "You are all free" Ari said firmly and the girls started to protest.

“Everyone except you, Mrs. Jiang.” Ari corrected herself and looked at Jimin, who hurried to escort the protesting girls outside.

"Welcome to the family Mrs. Jiang" Ari smiled as the two were left alone. "Thank you, Mrs. Kim," the woman smiled. Ari blushed shyly. "Miss Hyun, not Mrs. Kim. And please call me Ari" Ari corrected her and the woman blushed in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were Mr. Kim's wife," the woman looked at her kindly. "I still miss her, but one day she will be my wife" Ari gasped startled and blinked at a grinning Namjoon. "Sorry, baby, I forgot my phone" he bent down and reached for his phone but managed to steal a kiss.

"Namjoon!" Ari exclaimed and he literally ran away laughing. "You are a very cute couple" Mrs. Jiang smiled and Ari blushed heavily. "Thank you" she smiled.

“Ms. Jiang, I hope you understand that this is a 24-hour job and that you are required to live in the mansion?” Ari asked matter-of-factly and the woman nodded. "Of course, my children are grown and my husband died last year.." she smiled sadly.

"So, no problem from my side" she nodded and Ari sighed. "Sorry to hear that, my condolences," she said and stood up, walking around the desk and sitting across from the woman.

"You'll be fine here, and Izeul is lovely. I'll show you to your room and send someone with you to help you with your luggage?" Ari suggested, taking her hands to make her feel better.

"When you get back, everything you need to know about us and Izeul will be waiting for you in your room" Ari smiled. "Thank you, child" Mrs. Jiang leaned over and hugged her warmly.