48.

June 20, 2020

"This can't go on like this, honey, let's go see a doctor!" Namjoon demanded, holding her hair as, for the third time this morning, Ari hung over the sink, throwing up what little she had managed to eat for dinner.

She propped herself up on her hands, her head bowed low, and sighed heavily. "And last week we went  Namjoon, I just have to get through this" Ari turned on the water and washed her face.

Namjoon gritted his teeth, Ari continued to lose weight even though they had tried almost everything the doctor had prescribed. It was as if the baby was simply refusing to take any food.

It was becoming almost impossible to hide her pregnancy. Izeul insisted Ari play with her, but she was simply too weak to keep up with his daughter's pace. Mrs. Jiang was already looking at her strangely, she even changed her demeanor towards her, taking care of her motherly.

There was no way they could lie to the old woman, she just knew, she had given birth to three children after all. "Go downstairs, I'll be there in a minute" Ari smiled, but Namjoon hesitated, not wanting to leave her alone for even a second.

"Namjoon, I'm fine, besides, I'm hungry" she nudged him and he nodded in displeasure but headed for the door anyway. "Don't be late, I love you" Ari smiled at him and blew him an air kiss.

If Namjoon had known her pregnancy was going to be like this, he would never have thought about having more children. Muttering to himself about Mother Nature and how he was going to kill her, he walked into the kitchen to find Jin frying bacon.

"No, no, no…" he reached it in just two steps and glancing over his shoulder to make sure Ari wasn't following him, he pulled the pan away from the startled Jin, dumping its contents into the bucket, then opened back door and window.

"What are you doing, for God's sake!" Seokjin roared in offense as Namjoon tried to chase away the smell of bacon, waving a towel against the window and looking panicked at the door.

"I ban bacon in this house!" Namjoon growled breathlessly and Seokjin looked at him like he was crazy and ready to call psych. "What nonsense are you babbling, how are you going to…" he was cut off by a sharp intake of breath.

Namjoon turned in horror, his eyes locked on Ari's pale face, who had just walked in and smelled the scent. "Oh baby…" he trailed off, grabbing Seokjin by the shoulder and jerking him back to make way for Ari, who was already running past them to the sink.

"I'm sorry, honey, I didn't know he was going to make bacon…" he gently stroked her back, placing his other hand on her belly knowing it would calm the nausea.

Namjoon glared at Seokjin, gritting his teeth. "No more bacon, if you're going to fry, in the yard!" he snarled and Seokjin looked between the two of them in confusion.

"Miss Ari!" Mrs. Jiang walked in, accompanied by Yoongi, Jimin, and Izeul. "What have you done to her?" she asked reproachfully, opening the fridge and pulling out a bottle of red wine.

"Here, sweetie this will help" she poured some of the wine into a glass and handed it to Ari. "Just two or three sips, that's enough," smiled the old nanny at Ari, who was looking at her in disbelief.

"It's alcohol!" Namjoon tried to take the glass from Mrs. Jiang's hand, but she glared at him. "Trust me, you did your job, let me do mine!" the nanny scolded and Namjoon blinked helplessly.

Ari bit her lip, but took the glass anyway and took two sips, closing her eyes as the runny liquid poured down her throat.

After a few minutes, Ari turned to Namjoon with wide eyes. "It works!" she whispered and Namjoon looked in disbelief at Mrs. Jiang who smugly shrugged and went about her business.

"I don't know why, but it's working, Namjoon, and I'm starving!" Ari happily threw herself on his neck and Namjoon smiled, still shocked.

"Then let's feed you, what do you want to eat?" Namjoon asked softly. "Everything?" she glared at him, Namjoon  nodded and Ari  enthusiastically began to line up, his eyes widening more and more after her every wish, mrs Jiang  laughing louder and Seokjin , Yoongi  and Jimin looking more and more nervously amazed .

"Will somebody tell me what's going on and what's wrong with my bacon?" Seokjin finally roared, confused by what was happening. "Ari can't stand the smell of fried bacon" Namjoon answered as he rummaged through the fridge looking for what he could find of what Ari had listed.

She peered over his shoulder, rising on her tiptoes as she stocked up, clutching to her chest whatever Namjoon handed her. "Honey, we don't have any cheese..." he looked at her apologetically

"Ari, since when do you have a bacon intolerance?!" Seokjin demanded and Namjoon glared at him again. "Leave her…" Ari shook his head and Namjoon growled angrily, going back to rummaging through the fridge.

"We don't even have yogurt honey, you'll have to make a list and I'll take everything and more" Namjoon finally poked his head out of the fridge. "I want answers!" Seokjin didn't give up.

Ari smiled at Namjoon's sullen face. "Are you going to tell them or me?" she asked, turning to the table, circling Izeul, who was curiously looking at everything Ari left on the table.

"Can I?" Namjoon almost squealed with a flushed face and Ari nodded, shoving a cold piece of chicken into her mouth as she helped Izeul open a jar of jam, spreading it on her toast.

Namjoon smirked, turning to a nervous Seokjin. "I'm going to be a father, Ari can't stand the smell of bacon because she's pregnant and it makes her sick!" he stated proudly, grinning as if he had discovered gravity.

Four pairs of eyes turned and stared at Ari, who blinked innocently, a half-bitten piece of boiled egg in her mouth. "What?" she cooed, pushing the egg all the way in and swallowing it.

“And I gave you the keys to the lodge to help her heal, now I have to throw out the bed” Yoongi rolled his eyes, Ari blushed, Jimin laughed and Namjoon shrugged.

"You can keep your bed, see the bathroom, the kitchen, and the porch…" Ari turned around and punched him hard in the stomach, Namjoon cowered in protection and burst out laughing. "Don't lie to him, you jerk!" she hissed and Namjoon winked at her.

"Nothing happened at your villa, Yoongi, you don't need to worry" Ari mumbled embarrassed and Namjoon just started laughing even harder. "Almost nothing!" he grinned, dating for the video.

"It's not true…" Ari tried to protest, but Namjoon pulled out his phone and showed her the video. "It's…" she nearly choked. "Yeah, the little buddy almost stole you" Namjoon nodded and handed the phone to Izeul, who was also trying to see what her father was showing Ari.

"I want one too, dad!" Izeul demanded and Ari gave her a horrified look. "No way!" she muttered, looking at Namjoon for help. "It can't, princess, it's a wild animal, but I promise, one day we'll get you a dog, okay?" Namjoon blurted out and smiled as Izeul happily hopped along, clapping her hands.

"A greaser!" Seokjin laughed and Ari nodded in agreement. "Right, now I'm going to be the bad guy!" she grunted and popped another egg into her mouth. "You'll never be the bad one, baby" Namjoon hugged her from behind and she pouted, huffing with delight.