55.

November 18,2020

Ari tried again, but she couldn't find a comfortable position, and the babies seemed to sense her nervousness and spun around like air in a ball.

Refusing to sleep, she grabbed the edge of the bedside table and leaned against it to get up. Sitting on the edge of the bed, she sighed and stood up.

Namjoon didn't answer her calls, her messages, and didn't even tell her he was leaving himself. On top of that, he did it while they were on bad terms!

"Your father is an idiot!" she muttered under her breath, stroking her stomach and walking towards the door. At least she could eat, usually Namjoon would have prepared something for her, but since he was gone….

As she staggered down the stairs, holding on to the railing with both hands, she heard voices and raised her eyebrows. "Who do you think could be awake at this time?" Ari asked, she had gotten into the habit of talking to her belly as if he or the babies would answer her.

Curious, she approached the office door, listening in on the conversation and mentally counting the voices she heard. Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, everyone was in the office.

"Anything else?" Seokjin asked and Ari smiled. "No, there are bullet marks on Namjoon's car, but no blood. The bullets are standard 45 caliber, so they're not going anywhere," Jungkook's voice sounded far away, so Arie guessed that he was sitting at the far end of the office.

"Why were there bullets in Namjoon's car?" Ari frowned thoughtfully and listened again, patting her stomach lightly as one of the babies gave her a hard kick.

"We're not going to get anywhere like this, we're just wasting valuable time, and they could kill him at any moment if they haven't already!" she heard Hoseok growl and her blood ran cold. "What do you suggest we do, set the town on fire?" Seokjin hissed at him.

"That's what Namjoon would do!" Hoseok ground his teeth. "He was ready to do it when Ari disappeared too!" Hoseok insisted. "Namjoon is missing?" Ari thought, her heart racing.

"He didn't leave, they lied to me!" Ari mentally cried and gritted her teeth angrily, swinging the office door open. "Where's Namjoon?" she asked coldly and six heads turned to look at her with the most horrified faces she had ever seen.

"Ari, sweetie, why aren't you sleeping…" Seokjin stood up, pulling himself together first and walked over to her, putting his arm around her shoulder. Ari leaned against him and ran a hand over his chest, feeling for the gun he carried under his armpit.

"Jin oppa, cutie!" she shoved him away, pulling his gun from its holster and pointing it squarely at his forehead. "Now that stupid Ari isn't so stupid anymore, JIN OPPA, tell me where Namjoon is before you find out he's the only thing keeping my mind steady!" Ari looked at him indifferently and Seokjin swallowed, raising his hands.

“Ari …” Yoongi stood up as well. "Sit down and shut up, Yoongi!" Ari ordered coolly, not taking her eyes off Seokjin. "And, Jin oppa, if you lie to me again, Namjoon won't be the only one to leave this world!" Ari growled warningly, unlocking the gun's safety.

"Ari, baby, put the gun down and we'll talk?" Hobi suggested, she tilted her head as if thinking over his suggestion. "Mmmm….no!" Ari smirked and Seokjin swallowed loudly.

"Start talking, Seokjin, before my mood changes from bad to worse!" she ordered again and Seokjin looked uncertainly at the others. "Tell her, for God's sake! She's even freakier than Namjoon" Yoongi scowled.

"I suggest you listen to him, Jin!" Ari smiled, but it only made Seokjin shiver. "You know, you're not cute at all right now!" he grumbled and nodded, dropping his hands.

"I'm tired, 8 months pregnant at risk, with two babies who have my guts for either punching bags or footballs, everything aches, and I'm missing my fiance because god knows who's holding him, a god knows where, threatening his life!” Ari snarled, glaring at him.

"Besides, I'm extremely mentally unstable and I can shoot. So excuse me if I don't look cute to you right now!" Ari yelled at him.

"And if you're done sparing me, playing with my life and my nerves, one of you, please, tell me why there's a chance, the father of my children will never see them!" Ari cried urgently, her hand holding the gun, shaking violently.

"Oh, honey!" Seokjin smiled guiltily and held out his hands to her. She held the gun a little longer, but then dropped her hand and hid in his arms, crying uncontrollably as the thought of never seeing her beloved again tried to take over her mind.

"It's going to be okay, baby, Namjoon is strong, he won't give in easily" Jin tried to reassure her, looking desperately at the others who were watching them guiltily.

Ari spent the next few hours listening to what the boys had discovered, their guesses, and the conclusions they had reached from the information they had been able to obtain.

"Let's see if I understood everything" Arie propped herself up on her elbows on Namjoon's desk. “You're telling me that a person who supposedly doesn't exist, from a family you supposedly exterminated, is currently holding Namjoon, threatening the life of my daughter and my babies?” they all nodded in agreement.

"And instead of directly, don't get me wrong, I appreciate your concern, to ask me who kidnapped me and who released me…" she took a deep breath and let it out noisily before continuing.

“You thought it was better to lie to me that Namjoon was in his late wife's hometown, whose ghost haunted me, driving me into a manic depression where I didn't even recognize Namjoon, I would have killed myself several times and I almost lost my children and now I can't give birth normally?" she finished, eyeing them as if they needed treatment.

“Looking like that...” Seokjin muttered, brow furrowing. "I love you, but for God's sake, don't think you always know what's best for me." Ari sighed in exasperation.

“Now, Park Lisa was the one who kidnapped me and her father, the one who freed me” Ari looked down at her hands thoughtfully. “But as far as I know, Lisa is not in the country, but the man with her…” Yoongi cut her off. "Which man?" he asked and she thought about it.

"She didn't mention his name, but they seemed to be very close…" Ari answered. "They acted like….like they were lovers?" Ari added, remembering how the man would tame Lisa or antagonize her, something he wouldn't have allowed himself to do if he was subordinate to her.

"Lover?" Ari nodded her head. "Yes, he opposed her, mocked her playfully, even hugged her. I doubt that if he was just working for her, he would..." Ari put her suspicions into words.

"Hoseok, find out where Park Lisa is right now, maybe they're the ones we're looking for" Seokjin ordered and Hoseok nodded, walking towards the door. "Taehyung, Jimin, go check out Park's mansion" he added.

"And check if there are any tombs around their mansion" Seokjin, Taehyung and Jimin looked at her questioningly. "When Lisa kidnapped me, I was kept in a tomb" Ari
explained and Seokjin nodded at Taehyung and Jimin.

"Do you remember anything else?" Taehyung asked and she thought again. “There was a forest nearby and something like mounds?” biting her lip, Ari tried hard to shake her foggy memories.

"I don't remember much, most of the time I wasn't even conscious. But when Mr. Park came there were a lot of people with him and only one car so I think it was near their mansion" Taehyung huffed and he and Jimin followed Hoseok.

"I'll see how far Hoseok has gotten" Yoongi stood up and Seokjin gave him a weak wave. “Jungkook, you stay here, we might have to leave quickly” Jungkook shrugged and stretched out on the couch.

"Come on, I'll help you up, you're probably tired, and there's nothing more we can do right now" Seokjin got up and helped her up. Ari ignored the new wave of pain from her back to her stomach and staggered toward the door.