43.

May 28, 2020

"How is she, hyung?" Namjoon asked, sighing

"How is she, hyung?" Namjoon asked, sighing. "I really don't know, Namjoon" Seokjin shook his head. "She doesn't let anyone near her, she's isolated herself even from Mae, she refuses to eat, to leave the room..." Jin collapsed on the couch, ruffling her hair.

"Damn it!" Namjoon closed his eyes and rested his elbows on his desk and his chin on his thumbs. "I have to get to her, hyung, maybe I should just force her?" he looked at him quizzically and Seokjin shook his head.

"This could make things worse, Namjoon…" he cracked his neck, leaning his head back. "And what do you suggest? She won't answer calls and texts, won't answer the door, should I let her kill herself?" he asked angrily, rising from his seat.

"She's my fiancee, the woman I love, the one I want to have children with, tell me what to do?!" he growled and Seokjin shook his head. "Honestly, I don't know what to advise you" Jin replied and stood up as well.

"When she put you to the test last time, Ari doubted your love, but now she doubts herself, punishes herself for loving you, blames herself, thinking you still love Binna" Seokjin walked towards the door .

"Maybe you should just listen to your heart, what is it telling you?" Seokjin asked, standing in the doorway. "To kidnap her and hide her and hold her in my arms until she realizes I can't breathe without her!" Namjoon hissed and Jin shrugged.

"Then maybe that's the solution, what can I do to help?" Namjoon looked at him, narrowing his eyes. "Taking care of Izeul, might take a while…" Namjoon replied with a smirk.

"And you have a plan?" Seokjin asked curiously, turning back to Namjoon. "You could say, I know exactly what we both need" Namjoon replied, humming to himself.

"What are you doing, she doesn't..." Namjoon grabbed Mae's shoulders and smiled. "It's okay, Mae, trust me" he looked at her expectantly and she nodded in agreement with a sigh.

Namjoon took a deep breath and pushed the lock, opening Mae's bedroom door. Squinting to adjust to the darkness, Namjoon looked around the room.

His heart throbbed painfully when he found her. Ari, his cheerful, smiling, happy Ari, was curled up in one corner of the room, hugging her knees, her head against the wall, her hair tousled, her eyes staring into nowhere.

The traces of tears on her face were visible even in the darkness. Anger filled Namjoon, thinking about what Hwan had put her through, to bring her to this state. Namjoon had no experience with depression, but he was willing to do anything to get the woman he loved back.

He looked back, Mae looking uncertainly over his shoulder. "She'll be fine" he smiled and turned back to Ari who seemed oblivious to his presence.

Namjoon walked towards her gritting his teeth, ready to fight her, fight all her demons. He would make sure to heal her heart as she had healed his.

"Hey, baby, it's time for you to come back to me, my love," he whispered, crouching next to her. Gently, he brushed her hair away from her face, but she didn't react. "I'm sorry for everything I'm about to do, baby, but it's for your own good!" he reached down and scooped her up under her knees and behind her back.

Carefully, he picked her up, her head falling limply on his shoulder and he forced himself to ignore her blank stare. "There's a bag at the door with my clothes and hers, bring it and whatever you hear, don't come into the bedroom" he turned to Mae and she nodded, hesitating to do what she asked, but still walked towards the door as he carried Ari into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

Namjoon walked Ari into the shower and let go of her legs. Her body slumped against his and he picked her up, holding her upright. "Okay, baby, I want you to know that I don't want to, but I have to" he carefully undressed her, then removed his own clothes while still holding her.

Ari continued to be callous and nonchalant in her response to him, his words, or his touch. Namjoon took a deep breath and held it, running the cold water right over her head.

In just a second, everything changed. Ari screamed and began to struggle. Her fists were pounding, her feet were kicking, she was trying to bite and gouge him, fighting him as if her life depended on it.

"That's right, baby, pour it all out!" Namjoon growled, holding her tightly as the icy water ran down their bodies, making them shiver. "No!" Ari screamed desperately, her tears mixing with the water, her heartbreaking cry tearing his soul to shreds, but he continued to hold her, telling her how much he loved her.

"Scream, my love, it's okay, I love you," Namjoon whispered in her ear, and she kept fighting, screaming, begging him to let her go. "I'm here, baby, I'm here and I'm going to stay!" he hissed in pain as she managed to dig her claws into his shoulder and leave deep bloody welts down his arm.

Holding her with one hand, across her waist, he reached over and turned on the water, which quickly began to warm. Her body was shaking, her hysterical screams were beginning to subside, what strength she had left was quickly melting away.

"Shhh, I love you, I love you, it's okay baby, I'm here" Namjoon assured her as she still, though almost powerlessly, continued to struggle and beg him to leave her, to go away, to forget her.

"Please…" her voice trailed off, her breathing slowly beginning to calm, Namjoon bit his lip and pressed into her tightly, letting the warmth of his body envelop her. "Never, baby, did you hear, I will never give up on you, on us!" he whispered, tightening his embrace as she took in a ragged breath and then just laid back, passing out.

Holding her gently, Namjoon turned off the water and reached for the towel that hung slightly to the sides. Wrapping her around her body, not caring that he was wet too, Namjoon lifted her into his arms and carried her back to the bedroom, placing her on the bed.

He wiped her body, dried her hair as best he could, then used the same towel on himself. He turned and picked up the bag Mae had left by the bed, pulling out new clothes for both of them.

Once finished with the dressing, he reached into the bag again and pulled out two silk ropes. He bent down and tied her hands and feet, making sure they weren't too tight to hurt her, but also that they were tied tightly enough that she couldn't untie them.

"It's going to be okay, baby, I promise." he slung the travel bag over his shoulder, then bent down, lifting Ari into his arms. Even relaxed, her body was hardly a burden to him and he wondered if she had eaten at all in the last few days.

Mae jumped to her feet anxiously as he opened the bedroom door and carried the lifeless Ari out, heading for the door. "Seokjin is coming to get our stuff, you won't be able to contact her or me for a while, fingers crossed" she nodded, biting her lip as she watched him lead her out of her apartment, praying whatever he was up to , for it to work.