4.

July 22, 2019

Ari sat in the back seat of the taxi, trying to hold back the tears

Ari sat in the back seat of the taxi, trying to hold back the tears. Hwan had gone too far and she found the courage to think about leaving him more and more often.

"We've arrived,miss" the taxi driver turned and looked at her regretfully. "Thank you" Ari handed him the money, wiped her tears and got out of the car taking a deep breath.

She couldn't wait to see Izeul. The little girl had become her comfort island. Every morning she woke up thinking of her, and in the evenings when Hwan fell into fits of aggression, she thought of Izeul and her sweet smile.

Maybe it wasn't right for her to think like that, after all she was her nanny, nothing more, but she just couldn't avoid it. The almost two weeks spent with the little one were the happiest of her life.

The atmosphere in the mansion was cheerful, bright, happy. It was a place Ari could hide. And the boys, they were amazing, especially with the little one, with her too.

She wiped away her tears once more and forced herself to smile, having already reached the mansion. With a deep sigh, she opened the door that would lead her into the kitchen and walked in, her head held high, hoping no one would notice that she wasn't really feeling well at all.

“Good morning” she greeted and Yoongi waved weakly. "You're here early" she nodded and tied on her cooking apron, starting to rummage through the fridge.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Ari tried to keep her voice steady. “Never mind” Yoongi sighed. "Ari, if you want to talk I'm a good listener" Yoongi said simply and she looked at him startled.

"My job is to recognize human emotions and exploit their weaknesses" he answered the question in her eyes. "I see…" she mumbled.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but if you need help, I'm here." he got up and started for the door. “Yoongi…” he turned to look at her. "Thanks" she smiled slightly and he nodded before walking out.

"Maybe I should take advantage" Ari thought but her thoughts were interrupted by running down the stairs, which meant Izeul was awake.

"Ariii" Izeul called out before she even entered the kitchen. "Hey, sweetie, good morning" she crouched down and Izeul threw herself into her arms. "I have a surprise" Izeul declared excitedly and Ari smiled. How can one not love her.

"Aww and what's the surprise?" asked Ari and Izeul all beaming with enthusiasm. "I want to introduce you to a guy!" Izeul stated solemnly. "And who is that person, sweetie?" Ari asked and Izeul ran out of the kitchen.

After a moment she returned, tugging at the leg of a tall blond man who was staring at his phone with an indifferent expression

After a moment she returned, tugging at the leg of a tall blond man who was staring at his phone with an indifferent expression. "Ari, this is my dad!" Izeul stated proudly and grinned as if she had just been introduced to God.

Ari looked at him in surprise. Finally seeing the infamous Kim Namjoon."Good morning, Mr. Kim" she greeted but he didn't even bother to look up from his phone.

Ari raised her eyebrows, what a rude person! She looked at Izeul's flushed face, then back at the man. "Daddy?" Izeul tugged on his leg and he looked from the phone to her. "Princess?" Ari almost gasped aloud at his deep voice.

"This is Ari..." Izeul pointed at her with her little hand and her father looked up, scanning Ari from the top of her head to her toes. "I've never seen such cold eyes" Ari thought, trying to smile. A spectacular failure, of course, how do you smile at a wall?

Namjoon looked at her indifferently. "Aren't you too young?" he asked and Ari lowered his eyebrows. "Is that a problem?" she asked, using the same tone as him.

The two looked at each other quizzically. After a few seconds, Namjoon went back to his phone. "Of course" Ari muttered and turned back to the kitchen counter, going back to making breakfast.

"Sweetie, ask your dad if he'll have breakfast with us...if he gets his cane out of his ass" Ari finished muttering under his breath. "Did you say something?" his voice was cold and demanding of submission.

"No, sir!" Ari snapped without even looking at him. "I will ask you, Miss Hyun, when you talk to me, look me in the eyes" she turned and looked at him, crossing her arms over her chest.

Izeul looked between the two. "Daddy, be nice!" she demanded and he looked at her, crouching down to her level. "I'm sorry, princess" she nodded contentedly and hugged him tightly.

“Uncle Jin hugs her, hug her too!” Izeul demanded and Namjoon looked up at Ari, raising his eyebrows. "Honey, I don't think Miss Hyun wants me to hug her" he smiled, but his eyes remained cold, absorbed in Ari's.

"Ari, you want a hug, don't you?" Izeul looked at her and Ari held her breath, the little one looking at her with her huge puppy eyes. "Sweetie…" she began, but trailed off as Izeul's eyes watered.

Ari sighed desperately. "Sure sweetie, why not…" she sighed looking expectantly at Namjoon. "Daddy?" Izeul looked at him now, knowing that he wouldn't refuse her something so small.

Namjoon sighed and stood up. Stiffly he stepped towards her and gritted his teeth, Ari didn't move, avoiding his gaze. The two stood a foot apart, hesitating as Izeul clapped her hands. "Hug, hug, hug..." she began chirping happily.

Namjoon huffed in annoyance and reached over, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her tightly against him. Ari moaned, hitting his chest. She looked up at him startled, only to find him already staring at her.

He raised an eyebrow, smirking. Ari blinked and shoved him away. "Are you happy, sweetie?" Ari asked, clearing her throat, still feeling Namjoon's eyes on her.

Izeul nodded with a grin and Ari hurried away from Namjoon, returning to her work. "I have to go, princess, but we're going to watch a movie tonight, right?" Namjoon asked, leaning down to kiss his daughter's head.

Ari glanced sideways at him as he walked out. "What was that?" she thought as she watched Izeul not fall as she started to climb one of the chairs.

"Daddy is cool, isn't he?" Izeul asked suddenly and Ari nodded. Naturally, the child will like his father. However, she got the impression that he was a cold-blooded idiot.

"Good morning. How are you, princess?" Ari waved at Jungkook who was just walking in and leaned in to kiss Izeul who was smiling. "Uncle Jungkook, Daddy gave Ari a hug" she announced cheerfully, and Ari looked at her in amazement, and then at Jungkook, who was even more amazed.

"Namjoon hyung hugged you?" Jungkook asked and she rolled her eyes. "Izeul made us" Ari justified and Jungkook looked at the little girl who nodded proudly.