58.

“I specifically warned you!” angry, Ari's gynecologist, still in his surgical gown, was standing in front of Namjoon, hands in the air, yelling at him. "I told you that Miss Hyun couldn't give birth normally! Did you know that she's been in pain for a few days?" he asked and Namjoon looked at him startled, shaking his head.

"I sincerely hope your fiancée fell down the stairs, Mr. Kim, because right now she and your daughter are fighting for their lives. Your son is fine, but I still won't let you near them, either of them !" he growled and spun on his heel.

Namjoon didn't move from his seat. Guilt and regret ate at him and weighed heavily on his shoulders, making him sit stooped and limp. "Forgive me, baby, I'm so sorry…" he whispered and dropped to his knees, his arms hanging from either side of his body and his chin hitting his chest.

And none of the Bangtan tried to calm him down, all six of them, standing a few feet away from him, looking at him angrily or accusingly. And God was his witness, Namjoon knew he deserved it.

He raised his open palms and looked at them. How dare he hit a pregnant woman? Worse, how had he hit the mother of his children in the first place?

Never, no matter how many vile and despicable things he had done, had he felt so worthless. He killed, tortured, stole and cheated, but he had never harmed a loved one, under any circumstances.

And this was the second time she had allowed herself to hurt Ari, and that was while carrying and keeping his children under her heart. He was the reason the two were on the brink of death, and this time he couldn't blame anyone.

Kang Hyo… He was the cause of his anger, but Namjoon was no longer an immature newlywed or a newborn mobster, he should be able to control himself, be able to tell a lie from a truth, a real one from a fake photo, especially one so hastily cast.

The door across from him opened and Namjoon jumped to his feet. Two orderlies wheeled Ari out in her hospital bed, followed by a nurse pushing a gurney, another carrying his son.

"Stop!" he yelled startling them and they all froze. “Namjoon…” Yoongi's voice came from behind him, but Namjoon ignored it. He stepped forward and towered over the two sisters, who looked away in fright.

Namjoon timidly touched his son's forehead, who let out a piercing cry. Namjoon looked up at the nurse who was questioning if it was okay, since she was forbidden, to let him touch him at all.

"He's my son…" Namjoon whispered softly, looking at her so desperately that she just nodded and he leaned down slightly, taking his son from her arms. His son immediately fell silent and locked eyes with his father's.

“It has Ari's eyes…” Namjoon looked at Jimin who was standing next to him, smiling at the new member of their family. "And she looks like her" came Jungkook's voice, who was leaning over the cuvoiz, tapping on the glass.

Namjoon walked past Jimin and, with his son in his arms, crouched next to Ari's bed, watching her pale face. An oxygen mask covered her mouth and nose, and a tube ran from one of her arms to a high-hanging bottle of some substance that slowly trickled down and into her body.

The two orderlies backed away, forced by the sisters who watched the family with teary eyes. Namjoon took her hand and kissed her fingers, looking at their son and then at their daughter.

"They're lovely, baby, just like you" he tried to smile, his eyes watering and a few tears finding their way down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry, my love, I promise I'll make it up to you, even if it's the last thing I do in my life." He rose slightly, leaning over her and kissing her forehead.

"Sir, we need to get them to ICU…" one of the nurses placed a hand on his shoulder and Namjoon sighed, standing up. He kissed the forehead of his son, who was meekly sleeping in his arms, and handed him to her.

Nothing had ever hurt him more than the sight of Ari and his children walking away down the hall. The thought of losing one of them pierced his heart like a red-hot arrow and tore his soul into a million pieces.

And the fact that he knew that once she woke up, she wouldn't even want to see him, let alone have anything to do with him, was killing him.

The accusations he had flung in her face were the poison that thinned his blood and made his attempts to breathe almost impossible. He had accused her of infidelity, calling her a whore, had called his own children bastards, wishing them dead.

How had he even gotten here? When has Ari ever gone out alone to have the opportunity to cheat on him? She was kidnapped and he failed to do anything, they were filmed in their own home and the photos used against him and he again failed to do anything.

But he had managed to break the heart of the woman who was his whole world, he had managed to hurt her repeatedly, and now his actions were killing her and their daughter. This he had managed to do, and without any effort.

"Prepare the manor nursery, make room for Ari's bed." he squared his shoulders and turned to his friends. "I want a full medical team, even two, I want 24/7 care for my fiancee and our children." Namjoon gritted his teeth. "Make sure her personal OB and midwife will be part of the teams" he looked at Hoseok.

"Thank you" Namjoon bowed his head slightly. "I promise I'll fix everything no matter what it takes" Hoseok nodded and smiled. "Find Hyo and Lisa, their death will be a gift to Ari and the birth of the twins" his eyes turned into ice crystals.

"You know that when she recovers and is well, she will leave you, right?" Seokjin asked and Namjoon nodded. "I know she'll try, but I won't let it!" Namjoon growled, with so much certainty in his voice that Seokjin tilted his head, looking at him with raised eyebrows.

"Are you planning on tying her up?" he asked mockingly and Namjoon shrugged. "If I have to, I will" Namjoon muttered. "Come on, what else can you do to her..." Seokjin shook his head, walking away. Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung followed him.

"What are you going to do, hyung?" Jungkook asked and Namjoon looked at him. He himself had no idea exactly how he was going to fix things between them. But he was sure of one thing, he wasn't going to let Ari walk out of his life, nor was he going to hurt her again, never again.

"I don't know, Kookie, but I'll figure something out. Now the most important thing is that my two girls get better and go home." he sighed and Jungkook nodded. "We'll help you" Jimin pouted and Jungkook nodded vigorously.