5.

July 25,2019

Ari had the day off. Hwan was gone and she took advantage, stuffing what she could fit into a suitcase of her essentials.

She had caught him cheating, again, but this time she was not going to take it anymore. She couldn't take it anymore and she didn't want to.

She would spend a few days with her friend Mae until she found her own accommodation. She gripped the suitcase tightly and headed for the door, determined not to look back.

Her phone rang just as she was locking the door. She looked at the name and immediately picked up, pulling the suitcase towards the elevator.

"Hey Jin, what's up?" she asked, trying to sound cheerful. "Ari, can you come?" Izeul cried on the phone and she was immediately worried.

"Sweetie? What's up baby are you okay?" she asked as she waited for the elevator. "Hey Ari, I know it's your day off, but Izeul won't stop crying and..." Ari sighed and cut Jin off. "Coming right now!" she said and entered the elevator.

Ari put down the suitcase and spread her arms. Izeul threw herself on her neck and buried her face in her hair, crying. Ari frowned, pulling her back slightly.

She touched her forehead and her eyes widened. "Ari, I'm really sorry…" she cut Jin off. “Call her doctor, let him come, tell him Izeul has a fever” unconsciously, her voice sounded commanding.

Arie picked up Izeul in her arms and carried her to her room as Jin was already dialing her doctor, his eyes fixed on the suitcase Arie had promptly forgotten.

"It's going to be okay sweetie, tell me, does anything hurt?" Ari asked, removing Izeul's clothes to lead her into the bathroom. "My throat is bothering me" cried the little one and Ari nodded.

However, the moment she walked into the bathroom with Izeul in her arms, Ari gasped, looking at her chest. "Shit…" she muttered and looked down at her legs and back. "Oh honey, this is going to itch" she sighed.

"I called the doctor.." Seokjin interrupted her thoughts. "Tell him not to come, there's no point" Ari cut him off. "You go out too, warn the others, Izeul and I will be quarantined for a few days" Arie finished and Seokjin looked at her questioningly.

"It's chicken pox" Ari explained quickly and Jin started backing away in horror. "I….I'm leaving if you need anything…" she motioned for him to come out, trying to bathe the protesting Izeul.

Ari took the thermometer out of Izeul's mouth and looked at him, sighing heavily. She unbuttoned the pajamas slightly on her chest and smiled.

Izeul was erupting rapidly, which meant the temperature would soon begin to drop. Ari put the thermometer on the locker and rubbed her neck, trying to loosen the tightness in the muscles.

It had been 48 hours since she came and the two were locked in Izeul's room. The little one slept almost continuously, for which Ari was extremely grateful.

Izeul stirred in her sleep and Ari rested her hands on the edge again, resting her chin on them, staring at the child. Something she had been doing for two days now.

A knock on the door made her look up. She got up and approached the door, opening it ever so slightly. "Is everything alright?" Hoseok asked and Ari looked back at the sleeping Izeul.

"Yeah, still has a fever, but it's coming down. Will be able to have visitors soon" Ari smiled. "Good, because we can barely contain Namjoon" he grinned and she shook her head.

"Did he have chicken pox?" Ari asked and this time Hoseok shook his head. "I don't know, to be honest." he replied and Ari smiled slightly. "Tell him if he's driving he can see her but if he's not I'll kill him" she winked at him and he laughed. "I'll pass it on to him, they'll bring you food in a bit" he said before waving her off and walking away.