42.

May 25, 2020

Arie could feel tears stinging her eyes, biting her lip, she tried to hold back her sobs as she watched Namjoon, Izeul and the others stand with their heads bowed, leaving flowers on Kim Binna's grave.

Unconsciously, she took a step back. What had she thought, that she could come and stand face to face with the woman whose husband she was having an affair with? Whose daughter was she raising, albeit as her own?

That, she could stand up to her, and tell her that only last night, she had agreed to marry her husband? Who was she, to stand before a woman, who had overcome the world and given her life for these men and her daughter?

A pain, sharp and searing, pierced her heart,and her eyes widened in horror, as she watched the man she loved, fall to his knees and head bowed, hugging his daughter tightly as she wiped away his tears.

"I can't...." Ari thought as she continued to back away, clutching the bag tightly to her chest. "I can't marry him..." she shook her head, now staring at the picture of Binna who seemed to be looking at her somewhat mockingly.

"I can't... He still loves her..." Ari whispered, feeling her throat tighten and her lungs begin to struggle for air. "He loves her..." she stumbled, but managed to keep her balance, her head throbbed, cold sweat broke out on her forehead and she began to hyperventilate.

Ari looked around in a panic, her eyes landing on the cars. The burning engines made a growling sound, several guards had surrounded them, and she stumbled towards them.

She almost ran towards the first car, pushing aside the stunned security guard, jumping into the driver's seat. Her foot hit the accelerator and the tires squealed on the gravel road.

Tears streamed down and wet her face, blurring her vision. "Why..." she wailed, letting her own insecurities take over and consume her.

"Ari?" Namjoon jumped at the sound of screeching tires and gaped in shock as his fiancee dusted off somewhere. "Where's Ari going, dad?" he looked at Izeul, shaking his head, then looked back at the road, only the tracks in the gravel and clouds of dust remained of the car.

"What happened?" Yoongi asked, everyone looking at the road, no less confused. "I have no idea..." Namjoon muttered, shoving Izeul into Jungkook's arms and walking towards the rest of the cars, pulling out his phone.

"What did she say, where is she going?" he asked the guards as he dialed Ari. "I don't know sir, the missus didn't say anything, she just pushed me and..." he trailed off uncertainly and Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "And?" he prompted irritably because Ari wasn't responding.

"She didn't look good, sir, she was crying..." the guard finished quietly and Namjoon lowered his eyebrows, trying to get her again. "What, the hell, is wrong with you, baby?" he growled, waiting for the others to reach the cars.

"I'm going after her, you take care of Izeul, Hoseok, track her phone though, I think I know where she's going." Namjoon ordered, leaning down to kiss his daughter on the forehead. "Hyung, send me Mae's address" Seokjin nodded pulling out his phone.

"Namjoon, why did she dust off like that?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow and Namjoon shook his head. "I don't know, she insisted on coming, she seemed fine in the morning, nervous, but fine..." he sighed, the phone to his ear, hoping she would pick up after all.

Ari stopped the car on the side of the road, placing her hands on the steering wheel, she rested her forehead on them and cried loudly. "Fool! Idiot!" she sobbed heartbreakingly, banging her forehead on the steering wheel. "How could you think you could take her place, that he could love you more than her!" she hit the steering wheel, laying her head back and closing her eyes as she cried her heart out.