46.

"No! Please, no!" Arie was kicking the air as Namjoon pinned her hands to her chest, trying to hold her down. "Baby, calm down, please, it's just me, shhh" he whispered in her ear, but she was tossing her head and screaming frantically.

"Ari, for God's sake, baby, calm down, please, listen to me!" Namjoon growled commandingly and squeezed her, nearly knocking her breath out. Ari squealed, jumping up and down, she threw her legs in the air again and Namjoon almost let her fall.

"Damn it!" Namjoon roared and quickly but carefully releasing one hand, holding her wrists with the other, he turned her towards him and cupped her face, cupping her cheeks.

Her eyes locked into his hysterically and Namjoon realized she didn't recognize him at all, Ari had no idea she was fighting him. “Hyun Ari, calm down!” Namjoon yelled in her face and she froze.

"Listen to me, baby" Namjoon began softly, relaxing his arm around her waist slightly. "Honey, I want you to tell me, do you know who I am?" he asked and she cocked her head slightly to one side, still looking him straight in the eyes.

"At least she's listening" Namjoon thought. "It's me, baby, Namjoon" he smiled slightly and she cocked her head to the other side. "Namjoon?" Ari repeated, seeming to swallow his name.

"That's right, my love, your Namjoon" he whispered and rested his forehead against hers, cupping her face in both hands. "Hear me, baby, listen carefully, will you?" Namjoon asked and she blinked in confusion.

"Namjoon?" Ari asked and he pulled back slightly, her eyes roaming his face, her hands caressing his cheeks, eyes, nose and lips as if she was trying to physically memorize his features. "My Namjoon…" Ari sobbed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"It's okay, baby…" he began, but Ari jerked out of his arms, stepping back. Her face contorted in fear. "No… She won't let it… You love her…" Ari screamed and Namjoon bit his lip.

If he didn't tame her as quickly as possible, Ari could hurt herself or their child, and he couldn't allow either. "Baby, listen to me, you need to calm down!" Namjoon stepped towards her insistently.

Ari began to back away sideways, following the kitchen counter. Her eyes followed his every move, but in her mind, it wasn't Namjoon, she saw two hazel eyes accusing her, screaming at her for stealing other people's husbands.

"Please... I love him... I love them both.." Ari begged as the ghost of the woman who accused her slowly walked towards her, eyes glowing evilly, enveloping her, cursing her.

"Please….Binna….I promise…I'd never hurt them…" Ari screamed desperately, trying to catch her breath. "Please….let me love him!" she cried and fell to her knees, burying her face in her hands as Binna's ghost approached her with a sinister look.

"Binna…?" Namjoon froze in shock. Is that what she was seeing? The nightmare that haunted her wasn't Hwan as he thought, was it Binna? Ari was at war with the ghost of his dead wife?

"God, baby…" his eyes watered and a lump got stuck in his throat. That's why she wanted to be with them in Binna's memorial, she wanted to ask his dead wife for permission to love him.

But she was scared and in her mind, because she had not received the requested permission, Binna was chasing her. All this time, Namjoon has been terribly far from solving their problem.

Ari didn't need proof that he loved her, she didn't need anything more than to make sure that she wasn't standing between him and his dead wife in any way.

So he should have just put her in a situation where she is face to face with Binna! Namjoon stood up and walked over to Ari, grabbing her shoulders as she writhed and screamed in his arms.