51.

Fast forward
October 18, 2020
Ari's 7th month of pregnancy.

"Namjoon, look at this!" Ari violently shook the sleeping Namjoon, who jumped in startle, a worried face and a horrified look

"Namjoon, look at this!" Ari violently shook the sleeping Namjoon, who jumped in startle, a worried face and a horrified look. "Are you okay honey, what about the babies? Where does it hurt?" he rose to his knees and began to look her over, his eyes running all over her body.

"No, no, look!" Ari patted her bulging belly slightly and Namjoon watched as her belly moved and a small bulge was clearly defined. "For God's sake, Ari, do you want to kill me!" he growled, but still smiled gently, placing a hand on her stomach.

"I think that's our daughter" Ari smiled with motherly pride and Namjoon leaned in, kissing her belly. "And this is our son.." Ari groaned in pain, grimacing as Namjoon received a disgruntled kick directly to the chin.

Namjoon laughed, laying on his side next to her, resting his head on his arm and stroking her belly. "Can't you sleep?" he asked and she shook her head. "Too many kicks…" Ari sighed, rising slightly to rest her back against the bed frame.

"Doesn't the pillow help?" Namjoon asked, looking at the maternity pillow he had bought her, hoping it would make Ari sleep easier. "Not anymore, they become more active at night" Ari shook her head and Namjoon smirked.

"I'm sorry baby, I promise the next one will be just one" he grinned and she slapped him on the shoulder. "Clever!" he laughed and stood up, kissing her neck. "Are you hungry?" Namjoon asked and she thought about it. "I wouldn't say no to an ice cream," he raised an eyebrow.

"Honey, ice cream at this time…" Ari looked at him pitifully and pouted slightly. "Okay, ice cream" Namjoon sighed resignedly. "And waffles?" she mumbled. "Anything else?" Namjoon asked mockingly and she looked at him pleadingly. "Help me up?" he laughed and stood up, walking over to her side of the bed.

Ari held out her arms to him, Namjoon leaned down and put his arms around her, helping her to her feet. Groaning and moaning, Ari swung her legs off the bed and propped herself up on her hands. "I feel like I'm bigger than a tanker!" she snorted.

"You know it's not true, baby, you look great, you carry not one but two lives in here" Namjoon patted her belly softly and got an immediate response. Her stomach tightened and she held her breath, grimacing.

Despite the painful kicks and often sleepless nights, Ari didn't complain. After the horror she had experienced, the day she almost lost her babies, she hadn't right to be angry.

The news that she was pregnant with twins shocked her quite a bit, and she cried when Namjoon explained to her what the doctor had told him. Until recently, they were also worried about their daughter, who was much smaller than her brother and there was a possibility that she wouldn't survive.

Namjoon often joked that their daughter was as combative as her mother, rapidly gaining both weight and size. She was still far smaller than the other baby, but she fought bravely to come into this world and they were both extremely proud of her.

"Do you want us to go downstairs and make you something real to eat besides ice cream and waffles?" Namjoon asked and Ari looked at him skeptically. "Once! I only set the fucking pan on fire once and you're still telling me about it!" Namjoon growled angrily and Ari raised an eyebrow.

"Kim Namjoon!" she hissed and Namjoon immediately subdued himself. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice at you, honey." he looked down guiltily and she cupped his face, pecking his lips.

"I know it's not easy for you, baby, and I really appreciate the attention and care you give to all three of us" Ari smiled so lovingly that Namjoon couldn't help but kiss her passionately. "All about my queen" Namjoon whispered into her lips and she blushed shyly.

"Okay! Let's feed you" Namjoon grinned and she wrapped her arms around his neck and he around her waist and helped her up, gently holding her stomach underneath to take some of the weight.

The two of them went down to the kitchen and after Namjoon made sure she was comfortable, he took out her favorite ice cream and waffles, leaving them on the table in front of her, along with a spoon, while he set about making her something else, more filling from the ice cream.

As he wondered what to do, Namjoon listened to the many footsteps quickly approaching. Ari looked at the door and then at him. "I'll see what's up, you eat" he smiled, kissing her forehead as he walked past her.

Seokjin, Yoongi, and Taehyung were huddled together and walking with their heads over a tablet, heading towards the office. "Hyung?" Seokjin looked at him in surprise. "Okay, you're awake, we have a problem…" he trailed off as Namjoon covered his mouth, looking back at the kitchen.

"Ari's in the kitchen!" he growled and Seokjin lowered his eyebrows. "At this time?" Yoongi admitted past Namjoon and sulked as well. "Babies don't leave her alone and she's hungry," Namjoon explained in a whisper.

"Okay, I'll take care of her and Yoongi will explain what's going on. Go to the office, I don't want you to bother the mommy!" Seokjin ordered in a whisper and Namjoon nodded leaving with Yoongi and Taehyung.

"Kan, Kang, Namsung, Park and Tang. They're all attacked and families slaughtered at almost the same time." Yoongi handed the tablet to Namjoon to read the reports. "And they're all our allies, hyung. Someone's trying to destabilize Bangtan's position." Taehyung shook his head thoughtfully, sitting down on the couch across from Namjoon's desk.

“I don't see any information on the possible perpetrator” Namjoon looked at Yoongi. "Because there isn't one. Absolutely no trace" Yoongi answered and Namjoon lowered his eyebrows.

"Damn! That's all we're missing now." Namjoon sat behind his desk, rereading the reports. "We can't help but be careful. If they're going against us, we have to keep an eye on Izeul and Ari, especially Ari who goes out for check-ups often" Namjoon looked at Taehyung.

"Tae, you and Jungkook will stand close to her. Come up with some reason, but she shouldn't understand what's going on. The doctor warned us that there is a risk of premature labor with a twin pregnancy" Taehyung nodded. Yoongi sighed and shook his head again.

"Isn't there an option for her doctor to come here?" Yoongi asked and Namjoon shook his head. "If I could provide everything, I would. I can't risk home treatment if something happens," Namjoon replied, shuddering at the memory of Ari's hemorrhage a few months ago.

"But we can't risk her being attacked outside the mansion" Yoongi sighed irritably. Namjoon knew that right now it wasn't the death of their partners but the safety of his family that Yoongi and the others were thinking about and he was truly grateful to have friends like that.

"Then let's make sure Arie is safe and out. Jungkook and I will get her an armored car, I'll make sure the path to her gynecologist's office is, if not absolutely, as clear as possible during her checkups." Taehyung rubbed his forehead thoughtfully.

"Can't we just make her wear body armor without having to explain?" he asked and Namjoon gave him a wry look. "Do you have one that will fit her belly?" Yoongi asked mockingly and Taehyung rolled his eyes. “It was a rhetorical question, hyung!” Taehyung growled and Yoongi shrugged.

"Enough bickering. Taehyung, you know what to do. Yoongi, you, Jimin, and Hoseok handle the investigation. Me and Jin hyung will look to distract Ari so she doesn't notice your absence. However, make sure you'll be home for dinner at least, I don't want her to worry." Yoongi and Taehyung nodded and Namjoon stood up.

“Also, Yoongi hyung, make sure you convince the survivors to work for us, we need every single person now.” Yoongi nodded, standing up as well. "Consider it done" Yoongi replied.

"I'm going back to Ari, if there's anything, text me, it's less suspicious than calling me out all the time." Namjoon sighed and walked towards the door, hoping Ari wouldn't notice that he was nervous.