64

October 28,2021

It was true, it was happening, they were already married

It was true, it was happening, they were already married. She was Mrs. Kim Namjoon! Her heart was racing and her face ached from the smile that hadn't left her face all day.

In the morning she woke up so excited that even nausea and dizziness couldn't spoil her mood. Namjoon had left a sweet note on the bed next to her, accompanied by a huge bouquet of red roses.

"If you thought last night was good Miss Hyun, wait till you see what's in store for you tonight Mrs. Kim!"
she couldn't help blushing, biting her lips when she read the short note and not remembering the night spent in her fiancé's arms, nor thinking about the coming one when she would be in her husband's arms!

Arie giggled as Namjoon turned to look at their guests, giving warning jealous looks to every man in the restaurant. The wedding was small and charming, just friends, a few close associates of Bangtan and their children.

Quite enough for Ari. And the love that Namjoon showered her with, the thousands of compliments, the gifts, his closeness throughout the evening, definitely pampered her and she appreciated it

After the ceremony, it was the best man's turn, Seokjin, to give his speech. He stood up in all his finery and cleared his throat, attracting the attention of their guests.

"Namjoon, Ari" they both looked at him smiling. "What can I say about you? I don't know another couple that has gone through more vicissitudes without one ending up in the grave and the other in an insane asylum, but you did it!" Ari's eyes widened in horror and Namjoon burst out laughing.

"From the moment Ari walked into the office at the mansion, I knew she was special" he looked at her with brotherly affection and she blushed shyly. "You're Bangtan's angel, Ari, the only one who ever tamed that devil" he chuckled as Namjoon raised an eyebrow, giving him an ominous look.

"Don't look at me like that, most of the time it's your fault!" Seokjin growled and everyone burst into laughter, Ari holding Namjoon back as he rose menacingly. "Anyway, I wish you only happiness, little doves, and as for love, we all enjoy it at night!" Seokjin finished his speech, causing Namjoon to laugh again and Ari to sink under the table in shame.

"To Mr. and Mrs. Kim Namjoon!" one of the guests giggled loudly, and they all stood up, raising their glasses with cheers.

Namjoon and Ari stood up, prompted by Seokjin and Mae to open the dance. Namjoon took her hand and led her to the middle of the restaurant where the dance floor was set up.

"You look lovely, my love, but I can't wait to take this dress off!" Namjoon whispered seductively in her ear and she chuckled, resting her head on his shoulder.

"By the way, there's another present waiting for you at the mansion" she looked at him with raised eyebrows. "If that's the case, I have one for you too, Mr. Kim!" Ari smiled and he cocked his head slightly to the side curiously.

"Mmm, where is it?" he asked and she smiled. "I will…" she trailed off, her body stiffening and freezing, her eyes widening and her face turning pale, as a loud crash sounded and one of the restaurant's panoramic windows shattered into millions of shards that flew among their guests.

One, two, three shots, followed by more and more, several of the guests fell to the ground lifeless. Bangtan jumped around Namjoon and Ari, shielding them with their bodies. The security jumps around and several jump out, going to look for the shooter.

Namjoon looks around, trying to figure out where the gunfire is coming from and barking out orders, pinning Ari between him and Jungkook's broad back.

"Namjoon…" she panted, pressed between their massive bodies and her husband's arms tightly wrapped around her waist. "Namjoon…" she tried to get his attention again, but he didn't seem to hear her.

"Honey?" she cupped his face and he finally looked down at her. "Just a minute, baby…" he started but she shook her head opening her mouth to say something, but he ignored her going back to his orders.

Her vision began to blur and her body tingled, her breathing quickened. "Namjoon…" Arie choked on his own blood, coughing. The hot liquid slowly trickled down the corner of her lips and down her chin, staining her wedding dress.

Another fit of coughing tightened her throat and a few drops stuck to Namjoon's white tuxedo. "I can't…" her legs gave out and she clung to the lapels of his jacket, drawing Namjoon's attention again.

"Ari?" his face changed in hundredths of a second. His eyes fiercely scanned her face, searching for the reason her body was betraying her. "Honey, what…" she shook her head as if she wanted to tell him something.

His eyes went lower. Blood was pouring from her left shoulder, the bullet had gone through her back and exited in front, his gaze followed the trajectory, his hand was also bleeding, apparently the bullet had grazed him.

"No, not again!" Ari rested her head on his chest and her body weighed heavily in his arms. "Someone call an ambulance!" Namjoon yelled, picking her up in his arms. "Come on, baby, don't do it to me, I won't make it this time!" he growled, holding her against his chest.

"Jungkook, I need a car, I'm not going to wait for an ambulance!" Namjoon ordered and carried her towards the exit. "Namjoon, I'm coming with you, do you have her gynecologist's number?" Mae asked as she walked alongside him.

Namjoon stopped and looked at her questioningly. "Her gynecologist?" he looked down at Ari who was breathing heavily, her head resting on his shoulder. "She is.....?" he looked back at Mae. "Since when?" he asked sharply, heading for the exit again.

"Two months, it was supposed to be a surprise for the wedding" Mae caught up with him. "Dammit, baby, will you at least have one peaceful pregnancy!" he growled and headed towards the car Jungkook parked a little further away from them.

"You should have told me, love!" Namjoon almost cried, watching in horror as her blood seeped into the fabric of her dress. "The bullet's out, the wound is clean, she'll be fine, Namjoon" Mae tried to reassure him, leaning over them, examining Ari's wound.

Namjoon looked at her questioningly, tightening his embrace around Ari. "I took a course to be a nurse" Mae explained. "Her breathing is steady, there's no danger to her life. She's probably unconscious from the blood loss, but she'll be fine" Mae smiled slightly and Namjoon nodded, returning his worried gaze to his wife.

"You're going to be fine, honey, you both are going to be fine" he whispered in her ear, kissing her temple. "Apparently, every time Ari gets pregnant we'll have to prepare for a cataclysm" Mae tried to joke, but despite reassuring Namjoon, she still glanced worriedly at her friend.

"She's fine, she's fine, and I'm going to be a father again!" Namjoon thought, ignoring Mae's chatter. "It's good, Lord, thank you!" Ari shifted slightly, hissing in pain, her eyelids twitched and she opened her eyes slightly.

"Namjoon…" he smiled at her, smoothing her hair. "We're almost there, baby, you're fine, just a small wound" his deep worried voice made her shiver. "The baby..." she sighed and Namjoon smiled a little more. "It's fine, you're both fine, my love" he assured her and Ari closed his eyes again.

"Don't sleep, baby, stay with me!" she opened her eyes again. "I'm tired…" Ari whispered weakly and Namjoon nodded. "I know, honey, but when we get there, I promise, I'll let you rest, but until then, I want you to stay awake, okay?" she nodded and smiled slightly.

"Namjoon?" her voice trembled and her eyes sought his. "I'm here, baby" he leaned down and kissed her forehead. "You're going to be a father...." Ari whispered weakly and Namjoon smiled with teary eyes. "I know, honey" her eyebrows shot up. "This time it's just one..." Ari muttered softly and Namjoon almost laughed.

"I love you…" she sighed and laid back again. Namjoon looked ahead, a few more meters, he looked at Mae who was closely following Ari, she looked up at him and nodded at him, smiling slightly.