7.

August 13, 2019

Namjoon's desire to avoid the nanny had apparently rubbed off on her. Ever since the night they'd fought and he'd seen the injuries on her body, all he'd seen of her was her back.

Namjoon thought over and over his demeanor. At Seokjin's insistence, Miss Hyun had stayed at the mansion, which didn't help their relationship at all, they both preferred the quiet distance.

However, time passed as if in a dream. Miss Hyun had been Izeul's nanny for a month, his daughter had become attached like to no other and Namjoon couldn't do anything but let his daughter be happy.

And despite his reluctance to see her, he had heeded Seokjin's advice, spending more time at home and with Izeul.

Sighing, he set his phone and keys down on the kitchen counter and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Hyung" he turned and Taehyung smiled somewhat worriedly. "What's up, Tae?" Namjoon asked tiredly, leaning against the counter. "Well...I kind of.." Taehyung nervously scratched his neck.

"Say, for God's sake!" Namjoon looked at him questioningly. "Well…" he hesitated and Namjoon raised an eyebrow impatiently. "Have you seen Ari and Izeul?" Taehyung finally asked.

“They're not in the house, Tae..” Jungkook froze in place and gaped at Namjoon. "Shit!" he groaned and rubbed his face, making a desperate face.

"How come they're not in the house?" Namjoon tensed and Taehyung put his hands up in front of him in an attempt to calm him down. “Hyung, they might just be…” Hoseok cut him off. "No one knows where they are, but one of the cars is missing" Hoseok followed Taehyung and Jungkook's gaze.

"Damn…" he mumbled as well when he realized he said it in front of Namjoon. "Somebody needs to know where the little bitch took my daughter!" Namjoon hissed.

"I asked all the security guys, they only said the car left an hour ago but since it's ours they didn't check it at the gate" Hoseok said quietly and Namjoon roared angrily.

"If anything happens to Izeul, I will kill all of you!" he growled menacingly, walking towards the door, which just then opened and a happily smiling Izeul ran in, followed by an equally smiling Ari.

Namjoon froze in place, Ari immediately knew something was wrong and crouched down to Izeul's level. "Sweetie, why don't you go up and wash up and wait for me in the room, then we'll paint our nails?" Izeul squealed happily and ran up the stairs.

Ari stood up, closing the door. "What…" she gasped and clung to Namjoon's sleeve and wrist. His fingers wrapped around her throat and her back slammed into the door.

"There was one important rule, just one, and you failed to learn it in all this time!" his icy cold voice pierced her and she staggered, gasping for air.

Ari tried to catch her breath, but his fingers kept tightening their grip. She felt the blood slowly drain from her face, her lungs began to hurt, her legs dangled in the air and she gasped, trying to say something.

Namjoon had lost what little patience he had left with her. She was a sassy, annoying bitch and it was time to pay for everything. He chuckled as he watched her face change color and her eyes slowly circle.

"Hyung, no, you're killing her!" Taehyung hung onto his arm and Jungkook and Jimin tried to pull him up by the waist. Ari took a few sharp breaths, or so it seemed, then her eyes began to darken.

"Leave me!" Namjoon growled and tried to push Taehyung away but failed, instead a new weight added to his body and he gritted his teeth, tightening his fingers around Ari's neck.

Her vision blurred, her body went numb, and Ari slowly let go of her arms, her body drooping and her head lolling to one side. "Let her go, Kim Namjoon!" was the last thing she heard before the darkness came over her.

Namjoon was pleased to feel the little bitch's body relax and grinned evilly, "Dumb bastard!" Yoongi's fist crashed into his jaw and Namjoon dropped his prey.

"Are you freaking out,Namjoon, what's wrong with you?" Seokjin growled and bent down, checking Ari's pulse. "Shit, she's not breathing!" he dropped to his knees and gently turned her body.

"Leave it, hyung, the bitch deserved it!" Namjoon rubbed his jaw as he watched in annoyance as Jin gave her CPR. "Fuck you, freak!" Yoongi roared again and hit him again.

"She's not worth it Yoongi!" Namjoon spat the blood out of his mouth onto the floor. "She couldn't follow one simple rule!" he yelled angrily and Yoongi hit him again.

"You're sick, Namjoon, you need help!" Seokjin hissed, desperately fighting for Ari's life. “She took Izeul out unguarded, in case something had happened...” Yoongi grabbed him by the collar and despite their height difference, slammed him into the wall.

"We were with her, you bastard! If you had looked at your phone, you would have known that Izeul had a dentist appointment!" Namjoon looked at him with a furrowed brow. "What…" Ari cleared her throat and everyone looked at her. Seokjin sighed in relief and sat back on his heels, hands on his knees and head down.

Her eyes locked on Namjoon fearfully, her hand around her throat. She struggled to her feet and started up the stairs, followed by the boys' gazes.

They all stood in silence for a few minutes, long enough to see Ari return with her suitcase in her hands. She got off and walked directly to the door, swaying slightly. “Ari…” Seokjin tried to stop her but she just walked past him.

"Congratulations, Namjoon, that's what you wanted, right?" Yoongi let him go and turned his back on him, walking towards his room, followed by Jungkook and Jimin. "She's a nice girl, hyung, she didn't deserve this" Taehyung shook his head in frustration and walked out after Ari.

Hoseok just sighed and went out too, god knows where. “You know, Namjoon, until this moment I thought there was hope for you” Seokjin faced him. "If Binna was alive…" he shook his head.

“Hyung…” Seokjin cut him off. "You need to stop projecting your grief and pain onto Izeul, Namjoon. Ari was the best thing that had happened to your daughter and this house in years. But you're so self-absorbed that you didn't see it. I don't know what your problem was with that girl and I don't care, but you're not Namjoon as far as we know.” Namjoon gritted his teeth and Seokjin sighed again, looking at him accusingly and like he was a stranger.

"Wake up, Namjoon, or you will lose everyone, not just Binna." Seokjin turned his back on him. "Find a way to tell Izeul that Ari is gone and I hope she forgives you" he added before heading up the stairs as well.

Namjoon took a deep breath and held it. "Damn it!" he growled, running his fingers through his hair. When did everyone turn against him?

What did they find in little miss  nanny that made him guilty? Namjoon pulled out his phone and cursed again, opening the message from Yoongi telling him about Izeul's dentist appointment.

"Shit, shit!" he grunted again and hit his head against the wall he was still leaning against. Yoongi hadn't lied, so he'd attacked her for no reason, and apparently it really was his fault.