60.

March 15, 2021

"And in spite of everything, she left me!" Namjoon stared intently into his glass, his head bobbing uncertainly from left to right. The bartender, who was calmly drying the freshly washed glasses, shook his head sympathetically.

"Did I tell you we're having twins? Areum and Narun? Huh?" the bartender shook his head. "She named them that" Namjoon smiled sadly, taking a sip of the whiskey, but he couldn't quite hit his mouth and a small trickle ran down his chin.

"Come on, Namjoon, let's get you home" he turned and tilted his head, leaning back to focus, sobbing, his body went limp and he slid down the bar. "For God's sake, Namjoon!" Seokjin grabbed him across the chest, trying to hold his friend's much larger body.

"No!" Namjoon jerked to his feet and Seokjin almost lost his balance. "You..." Namjoon pointed at him, glaring at him. "You helped her..." Namjoon accused him, barely able to stay on his feet. Seokjin sighed, shaking his head.

Despite Namjoon's attempts to patch things up with Ari, a month after Areum was also discharged from the hospital, she packed her and the twins' things and left the mansion and Namjoon.

Now, she was living in one of Seokjin's apartments, which was why Namjoon was pointing fingers at him, thinking that his hyung, the person he trusted the most, had helped his beloved woman leave him.

Ari let him see the twins, who were now almost three months old, but when this happened she would leave the apartment before Namjoon arrived, leaving the twins with their nanny Tori.

Ari's adamant refusal to see Namjoon ruined Bangtan's devil, just as Binna's death failed. He literally got drunk, making Seokjin and the others go around the bars every night to get him.

And when he wasn't drunk, Namjoon chased Hyo and Lisa like a hound, but so far they hadn't managed to catch them, the bastards were as slippery as eels.

"Come on, Joonie, it's time to go, you don't want Ari, the twins or Izeul to see you like this do you?" Jin asked softly and Namjoon chuckled finishing his drink. "She hates me, hyung, my world hates me!" Namjoon yelled, slamming the glass on the bar.

"She didn't betray me, I betrayed her, Jin! I killed her love, almost killing her and my children!" Namjoon cried and Seokjin shook his head. "I know, bro, I know, but she'll still forgive you someday" Seokjin tried to pick him up again, but Namjoon pushed him away.

"Namjoon, listen to me, Arie still loves you, she's just offended and hurt" Namjoon's head jerked up. "She...loves me?" he asked and Jin nodded, smiling confidently. "Did she tell you?" Namjoon asked again, so hopeful in his voice and eyes that Seokjin felt a lump in his throat.

"Did he pay his bill?" Seokjin turned to the bartender who shook his head indifferently. Jin sighed and reached into his pocket, handing some bills to the man who tried to give him change, but Seokjin already had another problem.

"Shit!" he grunted in exasperation, heading for the exit. Namjoon was nowhere to be seen, and judging by his condition, he wasn't likely to get far. Cursing under his breath, he quickened his pace, but Namjoon wasn't even in front of the bar.

Ari stood up irritably, putting on her robe and hoping that who had been leaning against the bell wouldn't wake the twins. She looked nervously at the sleeping babies before she hurried to the door. 

"Namjoon?" she gasped, opening the door. Namjoon was resting on his hands on either side of the frame, leaning heavily forward, swaying like some kind of doll or something.

He looked up and Ari stepped back in startle. "Namjoon, what are you doing here at this time? Are you drunk?" she asked and he tilted his head slightly. "Hyun Ari! The love of my life, the woman who destroyed me? You're....here!" Namjoon muttered and Ari lowered her eyebrows.