6.

Namjoon sighed in annoyance and ruffled his still wet hair

Namjoon sighed in annoyance and ruffled his still wet hair. The guilt never left him, every time little Miss Hyun crept into his thoughts, he felt like he was cheating on Binna.

He reached down and picked up the towel that was lying on his bed when there was a knock at his door. Frowning, he headed over there, opening.

Ari stood in the doorway, looking down, a plate in her hands. Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "What?" he asked, his voice sounding colder than he intended.

She flinched and raised the plate in front of his face. "I wanted to…just…" she began to stammer and Namjoon felt the guilt rise as regret crept into his heart that he had raised his voice to her.

"You wanted what?" he asked without looking at the plate. "Thank you, Mr. Kim…" she finished in one breath and looked up at him, but quickly looked down again, biting her lip.

"No need!" he snapped, slamming the door in her face. Ari gasped in astonishment and insult. "You know what, fuck you, asshole!" she growled, slamming her plate on the ground in anger.

The door opened again and Namjoon filled the door frame. His gaze foreshadowed a deadly storm. "What did you call me?" he asked coolly and Ari rolled her eyes. "I said you're an asshole!" she answered with emphatic clarity.

“Miss Hyun, I advise you to reconsider your behavior!” Namjoon growled with barely contained fury. "And I advise you, Mr. Kim, to learn some manners!" Ari snapped.

"Manners?" he repeated, as if to taste the word. This woman was starting to piss him off terribly. "Right, manners! You see, good day, good evening, thank you, please, basic manners, nothing more!" she raised an eyebrow, looking him up and down.

"Or your majesty is too great to treat us commoners with respect!" she tilted her head, rolling her eyes again, then with a click of her tongue, spun on her heel and walked back to the kitchen.

"Ouch, the little one could bite!" Namjoon gave Jin a deathly look. "Do you want to die, hyung?" he asked and Seokjin raised his eyebrows. "What made our Ari rub salt on your head?" Jin asked and Namjoon gritted his teeth.

"It's not 'our Ari', it's the nanny!" Namjoon huffed angrily. "I don't know, I have to ask Izeul" he shrugged and walked past Namjoon, still laughing.

Namjoon looked at the stairs where Ari had disappeared, and then at the broken plate at his feet, homemade cookies were scattered around the pieces and Namjoon could smell the aroma from the kitchen as well.

Where did this woman get the courage to speak to him like that when earlier in the day he had saved her from her crazy ex-boyfriend who, judging by her comments, had been hitting on her, among other things?