13.

Arie was sitting across from her date, but her attention was somewhere outside the restaurant. Her gaze wandered aimlessly at the pedestrians who were hurrying somewhere.

"Sorry if I'm boring you" she looked startled at the man across from her. "No, no, I'm sorry. I was just thinking" she smiled and he nodded, leaning back.

Lee Jeon was Mae's friend for a long time, Ari knew him vaguely, but the two were far from "acquaintances". She still didn't know why Mae had decided that Jeon would be a good fit for her.

"And what are you thinking about?" Jeon tried to keep the conversation going. "Nothing definite, I guess I'm just tired" she shrugged and smiled at him, starting to dig into her plate.

"Mae told me you were a nanny?" he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table, his fingers clasped under his chin. "Exactly" Ari smiled, thinking of Izeul. "I'm working with a beautiful little girl right now," she added and he smiled.

"So you like kids?" she nodded. "That's nice and speaks volumes. It's hard to find a girl who wants to be around kids these days" Ari looked at him in surprise.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm just sharing observations." Jeon was quick to assure her. "Oh, I see. Maybe they just think they're too young for kids?" Ari suggested and he shrugged. "Anything is possible, but most girls around our age prefer fun to anything serious" Ari nodded in understanding and looked out the window again.

"You know" she looked at him questioningly. "It's getting late and you look tired, how about I drop you off and see you when you have a day off?" Jeon suggested with a charming smile.

Ari smiled at his tact. Lee Jeon was a really attractive man, but nothing compared to a tall, blonde devil who drove her crazy just by his presence in the room.

"With pleasure" she replied, pushing the thought of Namjoon deep into her mind. Jeon motioned to the waitress for the bill and stood up, offering her a hand.

Ari followed him to the exit, where he took their coats from the closet, helping her with hers. "I'll really be glad to see you again" he slid his hands down her shoulders as he adjusted her coat.

"I'd enjoy it too" Ari replied quietly. They went out into the cool night. Ari could feel Jeon's hand low on her waist, but it didn't stir any emotion in her.

The thought of Namjoon surfaced again. She didn't feel that way when he touched her. Then her heart threatened to stop for good or run away, screaming his name in ecstasy.

"I can't fall for him, can I? He's my boss, for God's sake!" Ari thought as she got into Jeon's car. But she couldn't deny that he turned her on, or that she couldn't stop thinking about him, and if she didn't do something, she'd end up out of a job and heartbroken.

In front of the building where she lived, Jeon got down and opened the door for her in a gentlemanly manner. She gave him a small smile and allowed him to help her out.

He held her hand and she looked up at him. "I hope next time your attention is all about me" he said softly and stroked her cheek as he leaned in.

Ari nodded curtly and closed her eyes as his lips brushed hers. Her body shuddered, but not because of his kiss, but because of the look in front of her closed eyes, because of the lips she really craved.

"Until next time, honey" he pulled away slightly and she smiled at him walking towards the front door. Closing it, Ari saw his car drive away.

It wasn't fair to play with this man's feelings, nor did she want to give him false hope. But maybe if she really pushed herself and tried, maybe he could make her forget about her boss's pull.

"He what...??!!!" Namjoon jumped to his feet furiously, slamming the desk so hard that Seokjin and Yoongi jumped in their seats, looking at him in surprise.

"Out! Get out!" he roared and gritted his teeth, digging his eyes into his hands. The man he had sent to track down Miss Hyun hurried off, not wanting to face the wrath of his boss.

"What do you think you're doing, Namjoon?" Seokjin asked and Namjoon glared at him. "None of your business, hyung!" Namjoon cut him off, but Seokjin wasn't startled at all.

"She has a right to a private life, what she does in her free time is her personal business." he leaned back, indifferently looking at Namjoon's angry expression.

"And since when do you care what Izeul's nanny does when she's not at work?" Yoongi interjected. "I'm interested of course, I don't want strangers hanging around Izeul" Namjoon tried to justify himself but Yoongi and Jin looked at him with a "That's what it's for" look.

"Could you tell me why you're doing stupid things?" Yoongi asked and Namjoon leaned back heavily in his chair. "I told you, I just don't want strangers hanging around my daughter" Namjoon replied sullenly.

"Who are you lying, Namjoon?" he looked askance at Seokjin. "I don 't lie!" Namjoon stuttered and threw his head back, closing his eyes. "What's up, Namjoon, and don't pretend it's because of Izeul!" Yoongi demanded and Seokjin grunted, leaning forward.

"I don't know what you mean!" Namjoon insisted, unwilling to explain at the moment. "I know you, Namjoon, say or do you want us to find out for ourselves?" Seokjin asked and Namjoon jerked his head up.

“Stay out of it, hyung, I'm warning you..” Yoongi cut him off. "Don't threaten us, boy! Not us!" he growled and Namjoon gritted his teeth, balling his hands into fists.

"I've been noticing changes in you lately, Namjoon, and I don't like it!" Seokjin mumbled and Yoongi nodded. "I don't know what you want from Ari, but I don't think you should be following her around, let alone the way you're looking at her" Yoongi said smugly and Namjoon raised an eyebrow.

"And how do I look at her exactly?" he asked coldly. "It's like you want her" Seokjin answered and narrowed his eyes at him. "And what is the problem?" Namjoon asked, looking at them like he didn't understand what they were talking about.

"Namjoon, if you're thinking of playing with her, we won't allow it!" Seokjin snaps and Namjoon glares at him so viciously that Seokjin gasps in astonishment. "I said don't mess around, hyung!" Namjoon growled and gritted his teeth.

"What's wrong with you, boy? Why have you suddenly developed this crazy obsession with Ari?" Yoongi asked more calmly and Namjoon turned to look at him.

Namjoon looked at him thoughtfully, burying his anger. He sat up with a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't know, shit! I just don't know, okay?" he stared at the ceiling and Yoongi  and Seokjin looked at each other questioningly.

"Maybe I'm just going crazy, I don't know…" Namjoon bit his lip. How should he answer them, what should he tell them that he is talking to his dead wife? That she wants him to move on with his life with Ari by his side? How do you even say something like that without putting him in psychiatry?