Hyde & Jekyll

Lee Minhyuk | Cursian Prince << The Fighter >>

In the shower, I let the water fall and drop down to my body as I closed my eyes.

I close the shower and grab a towel and wrap it around my waist. I stood in front of the mirror, and I examined the poisonous mark on my back.

It's been there as long as I can remember, but now, it's slowly invading my body. The black purple mark was like a birthmark, but small vein-looking lines looked like they were reaching to my heart, slowly making their way there.

In short, I don't think this is normal at all. I sometimes feel like a I have a virus in me that's taking over my brain, and I just can't fight it.

Sometimes I get knocked out by migraines; and I wake up, looking like a completely different person. I don't have a memory of what happened before all of this.

I've asked my personal doctor about what's happening, and he says that I have something called a double personality disorder. He also doesn't know how all this happened, but from my frequent checkups, Dr. Seo and I knew that the mark on me isn't supposed to be there at all.

We don't even know the cause, and it's also getting worse. I feel like my normal self has been dormant for a while since my other side keeps coming out, and I don't remember anything at all.

A pain shocks my heart and brain, and I brace myself on the sink. With two hands out, I held myself up as my head hung due to gravity. I look up at the mirror, and I see myself. Wait, that's not me.

Another flash appears, and I see myself with a black mark on my face, and a smirk displayed evilly. Who is this? Is this supposed to be me? Why do I look like this? Is this my other side? Why do I look so different?

Suddenly, I heard my voice. "So many questions, and such little time! Before you know it, I will take over you. Forever." whispered my dark reflection with a smirk. He disappears, and I felt a shock in my heart.

It's him. He's the one taking over me, the one who has been infecting me with this virus. I need to find out what and who he is, before time runs out.

I quickly put on a shirt and I burst out of my bedroom and dash down the hallway towards the library. I'm sure that my parents have a book about this somewhere. I'm so sure. And I feel like I've seen this before, from somewhere.

But I don't remember.

I hear the voices of my butler and maids, but I ignore them and burst the door of the library open. I run down the stairs and frantically began to look for the book that I needed, the one that I realized that was important. I couldn't believe that the answer was right in front of me, only if I can find it.

My panicked eyes dart here and there at the large bookshelves, and I commanded the computer to help me find the book in our collection of two thousand books.

The computer finds it, and I fly up to look for it. I need it now. I find the section, and I run my fingers through the book covers, hoping to find my answer.

I find the thin, brittle book, and I quickly pull it out. I flip through the pages, and my eyes went left and right, reading all the information there is.

I flip towards the back of the book, and I find the last few pages that I needeed to be completely ripped out.

I fly back down to my computer, and began to record myself just in case I forget everything.

"Lee Minhyuk, you have someone else controlling you with this weird virus." I say, looking into the camera. I take off my shirt to show the black mark, which has crawled even closer to my chest.