run × luhan

Those who go to war know when to run forward or retreat.

When Luhan first got orders of what to do in this threatening situation, he couldn't do anything but run.

Luhan ~

"Hyung." I said as Minseok hyung turned to me. "What do we do?"

I watched hyung blank out and blink rapidly before giving us commands. Then he says, "Luhan, get a few of the members and go help the Elders."

I nodded at Minseok hyung's orders as I took Kai and Kyungsoo with me.

Holding hands, we disappeared in a flash into the palace, where everything was still calm.

"Hanapuji!" Kai called out, his voice echoing in the hall.

We ran towards the throne room, finding our grandfathers huddled around something.

"We don't have much time." I heard a murmur.

"Kai, Kyungsoo, Luhan, quick." Elder Jong Ki said, beckoning us to get closer with his waving hand.

Walking closer to our huddled grandfathers, they shifted towards us as we stopped.

"The Weapons of Life?" Kai gasped, seeing the open silver and gold trimmed chest in front of us. I've only heard about these weapons made from the very Tree itself - to be extremely rare.

Every weapon was considered to be made with a part of the Tree of Life, and that whoever wielded them would become unstoppable, at least that's what the textbooks said.

"We have no choice but to use them." my *ye ye said.

( *ye ye = grandfather in chinese )

"We're growing older Kyungsoo-ah. We don't have the strong powers that you have now." Elder Kwangsoo said, looking at the weapons in the chest. "But we have these to help us." Kyungsoo nodded.

"Ye ye, what do we do?" I asked my grandfather as he turned to me.

"You, my grandson, will go and help the others. You will not be needed here." He spoke in Mandarin.

"But ye ye! You guys are older, I'm scared that you'll get hurt easily." I replied in my native tongue.

"Hah! You see, Lu Wen? Your grandson is so protective of you!" Elder Wu spoke in Mandarin as well, putting putting hand in my shoulder. "Lu Han, don't worry. Even us old men are capable of fighting off these alien gangsters. I'm sure your brothers will need you on the battlefield."

I thought for a second. Will they really be ok?

"Hyung." Kyungsoo said, his big eyes on me. Kai stood next to him, a few weapons in hand.

I nodded.

"Ye ye." I said as my grandfather drew a big smile with his small lips.

"Aya, Lu Han, my good grandson. Don't worry about us! We'll fight like the old days, eh?" He spoke in Korean as the other Elders chuckled in agreement

"Alright then. Kai, Kyungsoo, let's go." I said and took off running while my dongsaengs trailed right behind me.

"Wait! Lu ge!" We all heard a voice and stopped. It was Lay.

"I'm coming with you guys." he said, panting. "They said that I wasn't needed in the infirmary and that it was better for me to fight and heal outside."