wounded × lay

Those who go to war know that there are the soldiers and there are the fighters.

Because everyone thought Lay was a gentle healer, they didn't know that he held a secret.

Lay ~ Zhang Yixing

"The touch." I heard my grandfather's soft voice. "It seems as if my grandson has a new side." I felt a familiar force running through my body; I felt much better than before.

It was dark. My head was pounding. Did I faint again?

"Elder Zi Xing, what does this mean? What other side?" I heard Suho hyung ask before I completely gained consciousness.

"It means that I have the touch. It does the opposite of my powers." I murmured as I heard gasps arise all around me.

I sat up, groaning and blocking my eyes with a hand. I open them, and everyone was here.

"Yeye, you came?" I asked my grandfather, who put on a grave face.

"Everyone was panicking. I heard a call and came right over. Are you alright?"

I nodded.

"When?" Yeye asked as everyone looked with worry or confusion. "When did your gift develop?"

"About two months ago. It was almost just after I had become a wolf."

flashback—

Yixing, the light brown pup was wandering around the Cursian king's laboratory. He was chasing a little butterfly and became distracted as his wolf pup brothers played with each other.

Interested in the fluttering creature, Lay's primative instincts led him to jump and swing for the insect— although he failed it capture it.

The butterfly flew in between two large shelves that contained Exopian medicine and potions. Lay had followed, and sat on the ground as he saw that the little butterfly was perched high above him on the shelf's open ledge.

Suddenly, his snout points towards the winged creature as it sailed down and landed right in front of him.

Slowly, not to scare the butterfly away, Lay's paw outstretched to touch it. However, the butterfly suddenly turned gray and fell over, frozen in position.

The pup whined, and looked around quickly, confused as to why this had happened. His snout sniffs at the frozen creature, as he asks himself, 'Is it dead?'

The wolf began to panic some more before he tried to touch it again, knowing that his power of healing could revive the dead butterfly.

One touch. Yixing waited. Nothing.

Maybe I have to wait longer. Nothing.

Until... a sudden jerk alerted the pup as he raised his head up and waved his tail back and forth. It was alive.

The butterfly jolted up onto its feet, looked at Lay, and continued to fly off as if nothing had ever happened.