Chen ~ the past inside him [ part 3 ]

LAST CHAPTER:

'Goodbye Kim Jongdae.'

'Goodbye Oh Minyoung.'

Minyoung gave me one last hug, and walked away from me, leaving me in the rain once again.

'BUT IF I CAN, I'LL COME BACK ONE DAY. I PROMISE.' Minyoung had said earlier

'I'll wait for you. Always.' I whispered, watching Minyoung climb into her mom's car.

all I had to do now, was to wait for her. And I always believed that Minyoung would come back. She has to and she will.

I'LL WAIT FOR YOU, OH MINYOUNG.

-

CHEN'S POV:

"Ughhhhh." I groaned.

I tried to get up, and I was blinded by the bright lights in... wherever i was.

"Chen are you ok?" an angelic voice asked me.

"Yea... sort of." I replied

"What do you mean sort of? You were crazy out there."

"Where am I?"

"In the school's infirmary room. I asked the teacher if I could stay with you. Are you sure you're ok? You were calling me Minyoung just then."

I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the bright lights in the room. and then I saw...

Sarang.

a wave of something swept through me, and i felt sick to my stomach.

"Hey. You sure you're ok? It doesn't look like it to me. You need to rest ok?" Sarang said

"Yea im ok.... Just nauseous." I replied, sitting up on the bed

"So... where are the others?" I asked

"They're in class. They came to see you outside when it happened. After the storm, you passed out and they explained everything to me. I'm so sorry about.... umm... Minyoung." Sarang said

{ now she knows about it... about Minyoung... }

"I-I'll try not to mention her name, since I know that it was really painful for you." Sarang said sadly.

[A/N: play Open Arms ~ EXO version]

"It's ok I've moved on." I said after a moment of silence

"Doesn't seem like it to me. I-If you want to, you can tell me about it and pour your feelings out on me. I'll listen to what you have to say, and I'll help you overcome your pain. Well I'll try to."

I thought for a minute, thinking about exploding my feelings onto Sarang. I'm not sure if this will help, but I hope the painful flashbacks go away for good.

"Sure. I'll talk about it with you, Sarang-ah." I said

"Just don't pressure yourself too much ok?" Sarang said

"Ok. So when I was little, I was this nerdy kid with glasses. No one wanted to be my friend, and no one bothered to acknowledge my presence." I started.

"And then one day, Minyoung approached me during recess and asked to be my friend. I was shocked that someone actually talked to me, not just ask me homework questions. And so Minyoung and I slowly became the best of friends. You could say that we were BFFS in just a few weeks. We spent recess together, tried to be partners for every class project, you name it. And so we both grew close to each other. I-I started to have feelings for her. I didn't want our friendship to end, so I never said anything."