Beginning of Chaos

LAST CHAPTER:

"What I also found out is that Minhyuk has another red pendant as well. It was even larger than Hyo Ra's from before. What sort of gem is it?" I ask.

"It's called Scarlet Diamondé. Scarlet Diamondé is a very rare red colored diamond only mined in Cursia. It is so rare that only a few pieces of the gems were found, mined, and made into jewlery." Elder Jun Moon said.

"And as you know, you've seen the royal family in possession of it, correct Ms. Park?" Elder Dae Hun asks as I nod.

"That's because the Scarlet Diamondé is only for the royal family to use, and no one else." Elder Jun Moon continues.

~ Park Sarang

Sarang ~ you

I gaped at what Elder Xi Yun said, and his words stayed and replayed in my head for days.

When I was talking, I heard what he said. When I was eating, I heard what he said. When I was sleeping, I heard what he said. When I was thinking, I heard what he said.

I'd hear those words when I would be showering, looking, sitting, and much more.

Basically, you can say that those words are carved into my brain. Which sadly, has been true ever since our conversation.

And you know what the weird thing is? For some reason, today, I didn't even hear those words play once in my head.

I didn't hear those words when I was sleeping. I didn't hear those words when I was eating. I didn't hear those words when I was talking, listening, breathing, whatever.

I just didn't hear those words today.

Today was our 5th day here in EXO Planet. I already told mom, and she came to visit day by day.

My dad was getting better as well. The gash at his neck was now just a small scratch, and he woke just last night.

But also, day by day, I grew more worried for the events that will come and take place; my friends as well.

I just can't stand the thought that they've turned into wolves by just an injection.

What if Minhyuk just.... did experiments on them just like he said?

What if my friends were in extreme danger? What would happen to them then?

I couldn't possibly imagine all the sinful things that he'd do to them. It was all my fault, I should be the one trapped in the building and my friends should be the ones that were unharmed and free.

Why did Minhyuk choose them as his target?

He wants to get back at you. I thought. That's why.

But.... how can I save them when I'm nearly powerless against Minhyuk's spells and powers? I'm not as strong as the others think.

I'm practically useless.

"Stop thinking about that." I turn to find my father standing by the door to our room.

"You're not worthless sweetheart." he says sadly as I look down.

"But I am. I can't save my friends, and you nearly died because of me." I say quietly.

"No, I wasn't close to dying, and I chose to save you. You're my daughter. I have to do something as your dad right?"

"You never told me."

"What?"

"You never told me." I repeated.