Lay ~ Hide & Seek

Park Sarang ~ you

I felt loneliness once everyone disappeared inside the caves. I didn't get why fifteen people were needed to find the Air of Gold or this seal the prophecy thought that we had to find.

Everything was just getting more and more confusing, but I've been standing at the same spot I was in for the past 10 minutes while the gray seal floated around.

It barks, holds a pink sea shell, and swims in the air as I pondered. I feel like this adventure was all... planned out. Like someone knew that we needed the Air of Gold, deliberately helped Hyo Ra unnie and Hyun Wu oppa and the thirteen of us meet.

As for the portals that we use, you need a large amount of power to open one, and the possibility of two people ending up in the same place is very unlikely. So how this our group of thirteen find my cousins?

Wait... why did my cousins even join us here? Are they part of our expedition too? Or did the elders send them for help? And how did Hyun Woo oppa get out of Cursia? What was Minhyuk planning? When will war begin?

There were too many questions that we left, undiscovered, a mystery. But I needed answers.

I squatted down under the shade of a big leafy tree, and used a branch that I found and began to literally draw conclusions. Meanwhile, as I drew, the seal observed in silence, although I think heard a noise of agreement.

"What do you think, seal?" I asked as it looked at me and seemed to shrug. "I don't know what to do."

I looked at the seal with a glum face, and then its face lit up. It barks, and took my hand. I stood up, furrowing my eyebrows at the furry water creature. I followed it in the direction it was pulling me, which was the middle of the entrance of the two caves.

"Why am I standing here?" I asked as it barked in response. "What?" I asked as the seal rolled its eyes.

"I said, open it!" It barked in a female animal seal voice. "Open the entrance!"

"Wh- You can talk?" I asked as the seal groaned. "And open what exactly?"

"The door!" It huffed. "Just say, 'Illumino Haji, entraine ka.'"

"Ok, ok. Illumino Haji, entraine ka." I copied the seal's words. "Hmm," I said as nothing happened, "It didn't work."

"You just have to wait." The seal chided.

"How can you talk? Why are there three of you? Why are you telling me to do this?" I asked the seal as it swayed back and forth.

"It's important, that's why."

"Ok then. See? Nothing's still happening. It's a fluke." I said as it shook its head.

"No it's not! It's the correct way, and the only way to obtain the Air of Gold, if that's what you want to find." The seal informed me as I looked at it in surprise. As if a mini talking seal wasn't surprising enough.

A rumble suddenly shocked the ground, causing a mini earthquake. Everything shook for a moment then stopped.

"See?" the seal pointed out as a dark force appeared from the ground. A dark force arises, and formed a doorway- with icy white wisps surrounding the frame. The door frame was snow white, and the mysterious door stood about 6 feet tall.

"Go inside! It's the real door to what you're looking for. The others, the caves? They're fakes." the seal says with an obvious tone, looking at its shell, then at me. "Go in."

"Are you sure?" I asked, concerned.

"Of course I'm sure!" It barked. "I'm the guardian of this entire thing! You and that group are really lucky that we let you guys in. It's because you guys are here for a good reason. Otherwise, we would've turned into monsters and tried to eat you guys up."