3. stay

after aria woke up she had a little boot on her foot and they said she was good to take home.

"good morning love" i say as i rub her arm in the bed. she looks around. "morning.." she whispers.

"ready to go home?" i ask. she nods, falling back to sleep from the anastasia.

rafe slowly picks her up and we leave the hospital.

"can she please just stay at my house. i dont want her near.. her at least not tonight." i say.

"but.. its my days with her" he says. i feel bad if i take her away, to he fair it was her time with her.

i sigh as i nod. "fine." i say.

"you can come to my place to, just sleep over tonight." he says. "id rather not be in the same place as the demon." i say.

he rolls his eyes "oh my god its not about her, or me, or you! its about aria, she needs you just as much as i need her." he says.

"i really hate you sometimes" i say. "so you're ganna stay?" he asks. "one night rafe. one night" i say.

he puts aria in to his car seat in his car and we both get in to our own cars, driving to his house.

when we get there rafe picks up aria and carrys her inside while i follow close behind.

"you can have the guest room, first door on the left" he says. "okay." i say.

"um whats she doing here?" anessa asks. "he asked me to stay. " i say. she looks at rafe with a death stare and he shrugs.

rafe walks to arias room and puts her in to her small bed.

he leans down and kisses her head. "good night" he whispers as he puts the blanket over her.

i dont say anything to him as i walk in to the guest room.

i had on a sunflower dress, and I really didn't want to sleep in it but i didn't really have a choice.

i walked out of the room and went to find rafe, he was beside anessa on the couch.

"hey um wheres you're bathroom?" i ask. "ill show you" he says as he gets up.

he walks through the hallway to a bathroom and opens the door for me.

"here you go. do you need something to sleep in?" he asks. "uh no its okay" i say. "let me know if you need anything." he says. i nod.

he walks away, so i walk in to the washroom and wash my face, with rafes mens face wash that was literally disgusting, because I didn't dare to touch any of anessas stuff.

I didn't even brush my teeth because I didn't have my toothbrush and I felt disgusting.

i used the actual washroom before walking back to the guest room.

"kayelnn!!!" i hear rafe yell. "what?!" i yell back. "come here!" he yells.

"for fake sakes." i whisper.

i get out of the bed and walk to the living room. "what do you want?" i ask.

"are you hungry? we're ordering food" anessa says. "why are you trying to be nice to me? its fake and i dont like it." i say.

"um.. i was just trying to be nice i feel bad for how i treated you. it wasn't fair" she says. "come on kaylen she's saying sorry dont be rude" rafe says.

i scoff as i look at them.

anessa has a grin on her face and rafe looks annoyed.

"i should go home, you to have fun. aria is perfectly sleeping she is fine." i say as i grab my car my car keys from the coffee table.

"no- wait. look im sorry, just stay this one night. please" rafe says. "why, i literally live 10 minutes away!" i say.

"i-i dont kaylen im scared kaylen, scared arias going to wake up and not want me anymore she's going to want you" he says.

i sigh as i look at him. "oh my god okay. im leaving right in the morning" i say. "okay.." he says.

"so what do you wanna eat?" he asks. "nothing." i say.

"can you not do this?" he asks. "like seriously, i'm trying to be nice here and you're just shoving me out" he says.

"yeah um i'm trying to apologize and you're not even listening to me" anessa says.

"are you in this conversation? no. maybe I'm not listening to you because I don't want your fake ass apology." i say.

"jesus christ" rafe mumbles.

"hey um, i'll change the topic. i was talking to trever the other day, and he thinks it's a good idea if we all hang out together. everyone, so we can maybe be cool, it's hard having to hang out without you, you were apart of the friend group to." he says.

"well it's not hard having to hang out without you, because i really could not give a shit" i lie.

"please, we can find someone to watch aria and we can just be fine again?" he says.

"i really dont think i can stand being in a room with you longer then i need to" i say.

"i promise ill try not to piss you off" he says. "okay fine rafe! if you can get everyone together and have it not be awkward than fine, I really don't have a problem with it, for now I am going to your guestroom and I am going to sleep." i say.

as i walk away i hear anessa mumble. "stubborn bitch."

i want to go back in there and slap her so hard she can't talk but I don't.

I walk into the guestroom and lock the door.

I just scroll on my phone, in the bed.

I think about how rafe promised to buy me a dog and never did.

i wanna buy a dog.

I look online for what around an hour.  before I find the perfect one. it already has all his shots done, and fall in love.

I text that shelter that had it and they said I could come look tomorrow.

i was happy.

I decided since it's been an hour I should try and fall asleep.

I close my eyes and try and sleep but all i can hear is rafe and anessa in there bedroom.

I don't know if it's jealousy, or anger, or what the fuck it was but i wanted to kill them.

i didn't hear anything else for a couple minutes before i heard there bed moving. oh god.

this was going to be a long night.