56. beautiful

"im not okay right now." i say. "whats wrong?" she asks as she pulls away from the hug.

i shrug. i try to wall upstairs but feel really weak. fuck i hate feeling like this i-i need to man the fuck up!

i try to stand straight but end up falling over, everything goes black.

~~

i opened my eyes and looked around, i saw that i was in a hospital bed. i sat up and rubbed my eyes.

no one else was in the room so i pressed the "help" button.

a nurse walked in. "oh my goodness you're awake?" she says. "uh yeah.." i say.

"how long have you been up for?" she asks. "just a minute" i say.

"let me call your doctor." she says.

after awhile, my doctor checks up on me, and does a blood test and a bunch of weird doctor shit, they didn't tell me i was here.

i was currently now alone in the room, just looking around.

i saw kaylen walk in and her facial expression was shocked. she ran over to me. "holy shit rafe! how long have you been up?!" she says starting to smile. "a couple hours." i shrug.

"oh my god." she says, her eyes become watery as she leans down and wraps her arms around me.

"what happened to me?" i ask. she pulls away from the hug and wipes away her tears.

"you were-you were in a coma for 14 days rafe! i thought you weren't ganna wake up!" she cries. "oh.. im sorry?" i say.

"no-rafe don't apologize its not your fault!" she says. "im just so- so fucking happy your up." she says, trying to smile.

"i wanna go home when can i go home?" i ask, not caring why i was in a coma, but just wanting to- well take a shower and be in my own bed.

"i-i dont know let me ask" she asks as she walks out.

she comes back in a couple minutes later. "they said most likely 2 days. they wanna monitor you." she say. i nod with a sigh.

"i told aria you went on a trip to the bahamas because the pool needed to cleaned there." she says with a laugh. "she really misses you though." she says.

"i miss her already, too." i say with a laugh.

"come lay with me." i say. "no- we'd look like idiots" she says while laughing.

"come on please, i was practically dead for 2 weeks so you gotta make me happy." i say.

"alright you little blackmail, you should be the one making me happy, you were practically asleep." she says jokingly as she climbs in beside me.

i wrap an arm around her body and place a kiss on to her head. "i love you." i say. "i love you more." she says with a soft smile as she snuggles her head in to the crook of my neck.

"impossible." i say.

~~~

kaylens pov:

its been a few days and rafe got to come home. i made him come to my house though, because i didn't want him to be alone.

currently he was sitting on the couch with aria in his lap, as they shared a bowl of ice cream.

it was hard on her, without rafe. she would cry when i told her we couldn't facetime him because he was busy, and be upset when he wasn't there to tuck her in to bed, or for our walks, or bath time, or movie nights, or simply sitting on the couch sharing some ice cream.