22. money

i took a nap because my stomach felt like it was going to explode but i was waken up with rafe lightly shaking me.

"hm?" i open my eyes. "i have a surprise for you!" he says.

"later" i whisper, closing my eyes.

"no, now, get up." he whispers.

i open my eyes. "my stomach hurts rafe i dont wanna do anything, im sorry" i whisper.

"i know your stomach hurt, and im sorry but you need to get up" he say.

i sigh as i get out of the bed and walk to the bathroom, changing my tampon and looking in the mirror.

"is it okay if i look gross or do we need to leave my house?" i ask. "just come here." he says.

i walk over to him and follow him to the living room.

aria was playing on the floor with her toy cars and.. my dad was on the couch.

"dad!!" i smile as i walk over to him and he stands up so i can hug him.

"how are you?" he asks as we pull away. "um- i-im fine, how are you here!" i say.

"i wanted to surprise you and topper, so i sent rafe message." he nods.

i look over at rafe and he smiles as he sits down.

"did you see topper yet?" i ask. he nods. "rafe said you were napping so i met topper at the country club and then came here" he says.

"how long are you staying? you can stay here at my house" i offer.

"im staying until just around after new years" he says. "and i would love to stay here with you but i already promised ward i would stay at his house"
he says.

"okay- thats fine im just happy your here." i smile.

"i wanted to see you guys for christmas, and ive never spent one with aria." he says.

"what you ask santa for granpa?" she asks him.

"hmm, i asked santa to see you, and it came true!" he smiles making her laugh.

"i make you tea!" she says running towards her play kitchen.

"so are you two.. a thing?" he asks. "no, sadly not" rafe says. "its just to much for that right now" i say. "but we are.. friends." i smile.

"thats good im happy for you guys, its good for aria that her parents aren't always fighting." he says. i nod.

rafes phone dings. "hey uh its my dad he's asking if we all can go over for dinner." rafe says. "yeah id love to" my dad says

"no! immediately no!" i say. "kaylen.." rafe says. "no!" i yell.

"honey, i know wards not your favourite person but hes rafes father, and my best friend, its one dinner" he says.

"dad- i cant- rafe can i talk alone please" i say. "yeah." rafe sighs.

we walk in to my bedroom and i shut the door behind us.

"did you forget about the christmas party? when you were crying talking about how much you hated him!?" i say.

"kayeln please can we just go, he's still my dad and no matter how fucked up he is i still love him. i was just mad and drunk" he says.

"i still hate him, he treats you like shit and hates me." i say. "he doesn't hate you." he says.

"really? because he begged me not to date you and wants anessa to" i say.