43. clubbing

flashback:

rafes pov:

i bought the ring, and i was scared shitless. i was about to call kaylens dad.

i knew he was an old fashioned kind of person and would expect for someone to ask permission before marrying his daughter, and i respected that because after having a kid, i would definitely want someone to talk to me and kay, before they even tried anything with my girl.

nervously i picked up my phone and looked for his contact, pressing call.

i took a breath as it rang a couple times.

"hello?" he says.

"oh um hey mr. thorton" i say nervously. "hey rafe" he says.

"how are you?" i ask trying to make conversation. "pretty good, busy with work but im good, how are you son?" he says. "oh im good, thanks" i say.

the conversation gets silent for a couple seconds before i say something. "so um i was thinking about proposing to kaylen" i say getting straight to the point.

before he can say anything i keep talking.

"a-and i wanted to talk to you first, and you can say no and tell me that im not good enough for her, but i- i really love her and i promise im ganna take care of her and-" he interrupts me.

"hey rafe- i- that was shocking for sure but... but i think you're good for her." he says.

"you clearly love her and man oh man that girl is head over heels for you, and i know im not with you in person so they may sound a little weird but i need you to just promise me that you're ganna take care of her, because trust me she's a handful" he says.

i slightly laugh as i nod to myself. "yeah-yeah i promise i will" i say.

"thats good, im happy for you. get her to call me after she says yes" he says.

him saying after she says yes made me a little less nervous

"o-okay thank you" i say. "thank you, rafe" he says.

"ill talk to you soon" i say, as we say bye and we hang up.

i take a deep breath as i hang up, the hard call was done, now i just needed to talk to topper.

i walked down to the basement of the bahama house and saw topper and sarah, and kaylen on the couch.

"yo, sarah, kay, can you two please go upstairs for a little bit, i need to talk to top" i say.

"um okay?" kaylen says as she grabs sarahs hand and they walk upstairs.

i wait for them to fully leave and a couple extra seconds before i sit down beside topper.

"what up man? you okay?" he says.

"oh yeah-yeah, yeah im fine-im good" i say. "you sure?" he says as he raises an eye brow. "yes! im totally good" i nod.

come on rafe get say it.

"topper.. i wanna marry kaylen." i say. "you what?" he says in shock.

"i- i wanna marry her." i say as i pull a ring box out of the pocket of my jacket and show him the ring.

his eyes widen as he proceeds what im saying.

"rafe i swear to god you better not hurt her, a-and no more fucking up! okay? no more anessa, no more ex girlfriends, no more girls, okay you better take care of her, she has been threw so much of her shit, like you dont understand how many times i've comforted her because she was crying because of you, and as her brother i want to tell you to take this ring and stick up it up your asshole, but as her brother i also know how happy you make her.." he says.