15. its not that easy

a/n:
time skip its now december 18.
rafe didn't wanna put up a tree so theres one at kayelns house and they would do christmas together for aria.

the cameroms annual christmas party was on the 20th.

"rafe can you please put on arias jacket so we can get this over with" i say. "yes ma'am" rafe says.

we had to go to the camerons because they wanted "family pictures" taken.

i put a jacket over top of my dress and walked out to the car, waiting for rafe and aria.

soon they get to the car, and aria sings jingle bells all the way there.

once we get to the camerons rafe takes aria out of her seat and i hold her hand as we walk to the front door and he opens it.

we see ward first. "hi ganpa!" aria says. "hey aria!" he says as rafe takes off her jacket for her.

~

even though me and rafe were not dating ward wanted us to have a family picture for his christmas cards.

currently we were in a room, in our fancy clothes posing for our picture.

we took multiple different pictures.

one with me and rafe sitting, with aria in the middle, rafes arm wrapped around me and was visible on my side as we all smiled towards the camera.

another one were we both kissed one of arias cheeks as she smiled.

another one where rafe held aria and it looked like i was fixing her hair.

we took a couple more before we had more then enough.

aria went to play with whezzie so me and rafe sat with ward.

"rafe could i talk to you alone?" he asks. "oh.. uh sure" rafe says awkwardly as they walk to a private room.

rafes pov:

"what is it?" i nervously ask as i walk in to his office.

"you know josh, josh barnard right?" he asks. "oh yeah that was anessas dad. why?" i say.

"so you and anessa dated, and i dont know why it ended but i think you should go to the christmas party with her as you're date." he says.

"excuse me? dad we were only together because she literally blackmailed me in to a relationship with her, she put me through hell!" i say.

he takes a breath. "son, her father works with me, he says she was so upset when you two broke up and he says this needs to happen. im not asking its an order rafe" he says.

"but.. i was going to ask kaylen to be my date.. to ask her to be with me again, it was going to he special i had it all planned out." i frown.

"it will look good if you are with anessa her dad is a well respected man." he says. "wouldn't it look better if i was with the girl who pushed out my child?!" i ask trying not to yell.

"rafe-" i interrupt him. "im 22 years old i dont need to listen to you!" i say.

"hey! im your father it doesn't matter how fucking old you are you need to go to this one party with her and then you can deal with your love life how you want it, am i clear!" he yells.

i nod as i look at the floor.

"am i clear?" he repeats. "yessir" i whisper, still looking at the floor.

he pats my shoulder. "it'll be alright son, just one night" he says as he walks out.

"fuck!" i whisper-yell, at myself.

me and kaylen we finally doing "good" and he wants me to ask anessa out of all people to go to this stupid fucking party with me.

i walk back out to the living room and sit beside kayeln.

"what was that about?" she asks. i shake my head, not ready to talk about anything.

kayelns pov:

rafe was acting weird so i knew his dad said something he didn't like, but i didn't know what.

"are you okay?" i whisper. he nods his head. "yeah." he says.

whezzie walks in the room, holding arias hand.

"me and auntie whezzie maked flowers!" she says with a smile.

"wow flowers? thats so cool baby" i smile as she walks over to me and rafe, and climbs on to the couch sitting in between us.

"dadda we go wimming outdied?" she asks. "no, we cant go in the pool right now its yucky today" rafe lies.

"why yucky?" she asks. "its to cold" he says. "ew!" she screams making me laugh.

"kayeln, could i talk to you privately?" ward says.

"dad!" rafe says sternly. "its okay" i whisper to rafe as i get up and nervously follow ward in to hid office.

"have a seat." he smiles. i sit down in a chair and look at the floor nervously.

"so, i'm going to say what I need to say quickly and get straight to the point, okay?" he says. i nod.

"i- rafe- i dont want you to date my son." he says. "uhm.. what? we're not currently dating but what if we want it to in the future? we literally have a child together. " i say.

"kaylen please dont make this difficult, you're not good for each other, just tell me you wont be with him." he says.

"im sorry but if you want is for your son to just be not happy im sorry but im not helping you to that." i say as i get up and walk out.

rafe looks at me nervously. "i wanna go home." i say. "what did he say?" whezzie asks.

"a bunch of bull shit, i'm leaving, you can stay here if you want to" i tell rafe. "no, id gladly leave" he says.

"come on baby we need to go." i tell aria. "otay" she says as we say bye to whezzie and leave.

we get in to the car and drive back to my place in silence.

when we get back to my house i go straight inside while rafe gets aria out of the car.

he puts arias favourite show on and lets her watch on the couch as he walks over to me.

"please tell me what he said to you." rafe says. "he told me he didn't want me dating you." i say.

"what the hell- that's-that's not his decision i can date whoever i want to." he says, clearly annoyed.

i nod my head.

"he-he told me i had to have anessa be my date to the christmas party." he mumbles.

"what!?! what did you say?" i ask. "i didn't want to but i had to say yes." he says.

"you didn't have to say shit rafe, it was scary to disagree with him but I told him off and I told him that we could date if we wanted to!" i say.

"you wanna date me?" he asks. "i- not anymore!" i say.

"im so sorry- i-i was going to ask you to be my date to officially ask you to be my girlfriend again but he ruined it! you think I wanna go with anessa? because fuck no, the time i spent with her was the worst of my life!" he says.

"you could've said no." i say. "its not that easy!" he says.

"whatever, go to this stupid dance with her i don't give a shit" i say as i walk away.

i go and sit beside aria so he cant come and continue to fight with me.

"momma, we go outdied?" she asks. "yeah sure." i say as i turn the tv off and we put on out jackets and walk outside.