46. liam

after i had lunch with sarah, whezzie and aria i went home, i put aria down for a nap and then went and sat on the couch, played icary on the tv and then just say there.

i played with my engagement ring, twirling it around my finger.

my phone had been blowing up with texts and calls from rafe but i didn't answer, not ready to talk to him.

there was a knock- a bang on the door and i sighed as i stood up and walked over to it.

i opened the door, and regretted my decisions when i saw it was rafe.

before i can shut the door he quickly walks in.

"yeah come right in, why dont you" i say with an eye roll.

i shut the front door and turn around to look at him.

he takes a breath as he nods to himself.

"i love you so much, and i-im sorry, okay, so sorry!" he says.

"rafe do you even remember what you did?!" i say. "yes! of course i fucking remember thats why ive been going fucking crazy trying to talk to you!" he says.

"you slapped me rafe! you brung your hand up and physically just smacked me!" i say.

"i know- i know!" he yells. "what if it wasn't me that was with you, what if sarah dropped off aria, and aria she- she made a big mess and you got mad and you hit her." i say.

"we both know i would never do that kaylen!" he says.

"yeah but rafe no matter how much you love someone drugs can change your whole mind!" i say.

"and i- you cant do coke anyway, im serious because if you do i dont want you around my daughter." i say.

"our daughter" he says, annoyed.

"and you cant take her away from me!" he says. "yes i can rafe, if you're on drugs i sure as hell can" i say.

"dont even say that" he rubs his temples.

"promise me you're not ganna do it anymore! rafe come on it fucks you up! you haven't done it for 3 years those 3 years you haven't laid a hand on me, and one night you do it, that night you slap me!" i say.

"and-and i dont like when your coked out- your just so rude, straight up mean and fucking scary!" i say.

he takes a breath.

"i know, okay, i know, you cant be scared of me its my job to protect you." he says as i shake my head no.

"no rafe." i say.

"its not your job to protect me its your job to protect you and your not doing that when your fucking snorting that shit, slowly killing youself, okay? and i cant lose you! i cant. and aria cant either rafe, if you're not ganna stop for me stop for her." i say as a tear falls down my cheek but i quickly wipe it away.

he puts his hands on my lower back pulling my towards him, hugging me. "i love you, baby, so much, and i just- dont cry" he says as he hugs me.

i slightly smile as i wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. "i love you too, so much more, a-and thats why you cant do any more coke, please, im serious i dont wanna lose you over fucking drugs." i say.

"i didn't mean to do them in the first place it just happened." he says. "whatever rafe" i sigh.

"look kaylen, when i was younger i never wanted to get married, i thought labels were stuipd and if you really loved someone then you should already just be with them, but you- when you came in to my life i knew i wanted to marry you, you changed my mind. if that doesn't prove how much i love you and that id really do anything for you then i dont know what will, but i know the coke really means a lot to you, so yeah, yeah i wont do it again, for you, and aria." he says.