9. dont feel bad

i spent the day with katie and quinn, hudsen took aria, and riley over to rafes place.

we went to the beach, then out for lunch, and we went mountain biking (never again it was so scary)

now we were back at home. we just ate dinner so we were now on the couch.

hudsen walks through the door with aria and riley. "were backk" he says.

"hey" quinn says as she kisses him and says hi to the kids. "well hello loves" katie says.

riley reaches up for her and she picks her up.

normally aria never sits down but it was past her bedtime so she was extremely tired.

i picked her up and she say in my lap.

"what did you do today, baby?" i ask. "i-i go wimming in the beach" she says. "ooh nice" i nod.

"i- dadda give me cookies." she smiles. "im glad." i nod.

"come on, lets go brush your teeth and get you to bed." i say as i walk to the bathroom.

~

its around 1am now and we are all in our beds.

i was just on my phone when i got a call from an unknown number.

"hello, kaylen thorton?" they say. "yes , whos this?" i ask.

"this is the saint joans hospital. rafe cameron is here, he had a cocaine overdoes but he is stable and doing okay. you were his emergency contact, if you would like to come see him you may." he says. "oh my gosh. okay- uh im coming" i say.

i was still his emergency contact?

i got up and grabbed my car keys, running to the car.

i drive to the hospital and walk in, telling them in here for rafe.

they tell me his room number and i walk in.

he looks at me and looks confused. "what are you doing here?" he asks. "im your emergency contact" i say.

"oh shit i forget to change that" he nods.

"another overdoes rafe? really?!" i say. "you didn't need to come here" he whispers.

"but i did." i say.

"how did this happen i thought you were clean from coke?!?" i say.

"i was. i was doing so good kaylen." he says. "so what happened?" i ask.

"i- after hayden left ansessa told me she had coke, a-and i kept saying no kayeln but she didn't stop until i did a line, after i did one i couldn't stop." he says.

"she left around 8, but i went to barry, and bought more because i actually couldn't stop myself, i went back home but i didn't make it to my house, i passes out in my car and my neighbour saw me." he says.

"of course this involves her!" i say.

"you know how worried i was when i got a call at one in the morning saying you overdosed! this is the second time rafe! you're lucky you're not dead!" i say.

"im sorry." he says. "dont day sorry, just. i dont know" i say.

"you don't have to stay here with me." he says.

"go and what? you call anessa? not on my watch." i say.

"i-no, im going to break up with her. i never should've dated her in the first place okay? im sorry." he says. "yeah, im sorry to" i sigh as i sit on a chair beside his bed.

"when can you go home?" i ask. "soon" he shrugs.

~

we wait around an hour before they say rafe is good to go.

"you can go home now, im calling an uber." he says.

"dont be dumb rafe, you coming with me." i say.

"are you sure..?" he says. "yes!" i say.

we walk out of the hospital and to my car.

i drive to my house and get out of the car.

"you can have my room, the couch was honestly pretty comfy" i say as we walk in.

"no i got the couch today." he says.

"just go to my room" i say. "you literally just said the couch was comfy whats the big deal?" he says.

"you're not sleeping on my couch." i say. "you're not sleeping on your couch either" he says.

"we could just share the bed. it'll be fine i'll literally divide it in half. i wont cross the line in the middle" he says.

"rafe.." i say. "kaylen.." he says.

"no." i say. he throws his hands up in defensive.

"then we can both sleep on the floor" he says, with a grin.

i sigh, knowing he's not going to give up on this.

"fine we can share." i say.

we walk to my room and i put pillows in the middle of the bed. "this is the line, you dont cross it." i say. "yes ma'am" he says.

we both get on to our sides of the bed.

"im sorry for.. leaving with her today, it was stupid. if I would've just stayed here with you none of this would've happened" he says.

"its okay i get it" i say.

"no- you dont get it. she's not a good person kaylen" he says. "i already knew that" i laugh.

"im being serious" he sighs.

i turn on to my side and move the pillow so i can see his face.

"what are you talking about?" i ask. "i didn't wanna date her kaylen." he says. "i seriously dont understand, you've been dating her for like 6 months." i say.

"i-if i tell you something you are not aloud to feel bad." he says. "you're scaring me.." i say.

he doesn't say anything. "tell me rafe" i say.

"i- she told me if i didn't date her she would hurt you. and i-i guess i just forced myself to like her, but she was so damn controlling i literally couldn't do anything and she wasn't abuse or anything but she would always make it so its my fault, even if she i dont know pushed someone off a clift, she would make it seem like its my fault some how. and i know this is like tmi but she would always want to have sex, and dont get me wrong i literally had sex every day back in high school but sometimes you just dont want to you know, like the day you slept over i knew it would be wrong to but i didn't wanna say no to her." he explains. "sorry i-i just ranted way to much im sorry-" he says.

my mouth has fallen open.

"rafe" i say softly. "im sorry thats fucked up you shouldn't have gone through that." i say.

"no, but, i think i deserved it for all the times i treated you badly when we dated." he says.

"rafe we were literally kids, its in the past you didn't deserve that i promise." i say.

he shakes his head. "it doesn't matter." he says.

i lay there for a couple seconds before throwing the rest of the pillows that were between us on to the floor and wrapping my arms around him.

"what are you doing?" he asks. "hugging you." i say.

"i said dont feel bad!" he says.

"its not a pity hug, i promise rafe." i say.

slowly, he wraps his arms around me and he softly kisses my head.

"good night" he whispers. "good night" i whisper back.