25. new kaylen

"ow ow!" i hear sarah yell like the child she is. "you guys can stop now this is getting gross." topper says.

i pull away. "of course they were watching." i say. rafe sticks his middle finger up at them. "keep walking!" he screams before kissing me again.

i kiss him back before pulling away while laughing.

"rafe i want you to spend every christmas with you." i say.

he leans down and kisses me again. "be my girlfriend?" he says as he pulls away. "id love to" i grin.

he smiles as i un wrap my around from around him.

"come on lets go catch up to them" i say as i start to quickly walk through down town to catch up to them.

"hey slow down." he laughs as he starts to follow me.

i turn around to look at him and laugh as i try to run backwards.

he starts running to catch up to my and i keep running away from him, backwards while laughing and suddenly

boom

a car crashes in to me and everything goes black.

~

i wake up confused as i look around. where am i?

"oh my god you're up! thank you!" a random man says.

"who are you?" i ask. he now looks concerned.

"shit the doctor said you may have memory loss, i-im rafe, don't you remember me?" he says.

"i dont know who you are but- wh-what happened to me?" i ask. "we were walking through down town last night and you got hit by a car, badly." he says. "oh." i say.

"im really happy you're okay kaylen." he says as he trys to hold my hand but i pull away.

"dont touch me!" i say in fear. "um, kaylen i-i im sorry i didn't know you didn't want me to" he says as he looks to the floor.

"why would i want you to touch me?" i ask in confusion.

"i dunno i just thought you would've since im your boyfriend and you may of wanted some comfort." he says.

"i have a boyfriend?" i ask. he slowly nods.

he trys to tuck some hair behind my ear but i flinch. "dont touch me i said!" i practically yell. "i-im sorry" he whispers as he takes a step back.

"aria really wants to see you." he says. "aria? whos aria?" i ask.

"our daughter" he says. "i have a daughter? with you?" i ask.

"mhm, she's 3 and you love her more then anything." he says. "oh." i say.

another man walks in and he looks like he hasn't slept in days.

"hey kaylen! you're up!" he smiles.

"um if he's my boyfriend who the hell are you?" i ask.

he looks at the other guy in confusion.

"i-im your brother.." he says. "oh.. do i have any other siblings i should be aware of?" i ask. "no its just us." he says as his eyes start to water.

"hey top- you okay man?" my boyfriend asks.

so i think my brothers name is top.

"yeah i- i just cant be here right now." top says as he wipes his tears and walks out.

"what happened to him?" i ask. "he's worried about you baby, we all are." he says.

a pretty blond girl walks in. "topper told me your awake and apparently can't remember anything.. i- i just wanted to see you. if you can't remember me im sarah, rafes sister, your best friend." she says.

"im sorry whos rafe?" i ask. "that would be me." my boyfriend says. "cute name" i laugh to myself. "thanks.." he whispers. m

"look im sorry but my head is pounding and this life of mine seems really overwhelming so i-im just ganna take a nap." i say as i close my eyes.

"no- no you cant sleep not until the doctor gets here!" rafe says. "why not?" i sigh. "youve been sleeping for 3 days kaylen that's enough rest!" sarah cries.

sarah trys to grab my hand. "can you people stop touching me im getting uncomfortable" i say.

"kaylen we were just making out 3 days ago, on christmas under the mistletoe, we were on a walk and you told me you wanted to be with me every christmas. remember?" he says. "i-im sorry i don't remember!" i say.

a doctor walks in and starts asking questions.

~

rafes pov:

i was currently in the waiting room with topper and sarah.

whezzie, kaylens dad, and aria were at home taking care of aria.

it was all my fault, if i never started running after her she would of never ran backwards and got hit by that stuipd fucking driver.

i hated that my touch that once may of given her comfort now scared her.

i hated that she didn't remember anything.

i hated that we have to hide her from aria so her daughters not traumatized by her mom not knowing who she is.

i hated everything.

topper tried to tell me it wasn't my fault but i didn't believe him.

i wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be okay but that would be more of a comfort for me then her.

"you think she's ever ganna remember again?" topper says. me and sarah shrug at the same time.

"i-im ganna go home, please tell me all the updates ill be here in a second if you need me" sarah says.

"get some rest sarah." topper says. "im ganna try" she sighs as she walks away.

"top you should go home to, you haven't slept in days man" i say. "shes my sister rafe. my sister, okay, fuck you can go home im not leaving until she's okay!" he snaps.

"i get that she's your sister and i know, i know that you need her to be okay but you need to rest" i say.

"no." he sighs. "topper we've all slept except you, im worried about you, please just get some rest." i say.

"rafe you need to realize im not leaving this goddamn hospital until she's okay! she's older then me man, she said been there for me ever since i was born and i know damn well if the roles were reversed she would be here for me so i need to be here for her!" he yells earning some stairs from people around us.

"hey- man i know all you want to do if comfort her right now because trust me i feel the same but we cant comfort her if she doesn't know who we are!" i say getting slightly annoyed.

"this-this isn't the same kaylen that you grew up with topper! shes a completely different person who is fucking scared of us and doesn't even know who she is herself! give yourself a break top!" i yell.

his face softens as he wipes away some tears.

"i just want her to be okay rafe." he mumbles.

"trust me top, i do to" i say.

"bu-but us sitting here in the waiting room isn't going to help. she isn't the old kaylen who would be felt better if you gave her a hug, this is the new kaylen who is going to so everything she can to prevent a hug." i rant.

"and it feels like we know her but top, she doesn't know us, okay, she's scared man." i say.

"hey top, can you do me a favour?" i say. "what is it?" he sighs.

"go spend time with aria, please. i can only imagine how confused she is without kaylen i mean they spent so much time together, i think it would be good if someone distracted her." i say

"i would truly love to man but i think she needs you more i mean you're her dad she loved you." topper says. "she loves you to." i say.