45. argument

after i left rafes house, he sent me a text later and said aria was better which instantly made me feel good.

the next day he had dropped off aria with sarah because sarah wanted to see her, and me and rafe were at our own houses.

at about 8pm i decide i miss rafe, and instead of texting him i just go over to his house.

once i get there i open his front and walk in.

"rafe!" i yell.

i walk to his bedroom and open the door.

he was doing coke off of his dresser, um what the fuck.

"rafe?" i say.

he turns around and looks at me. "oh- h-hi" he says as he wipes his nose.

"i thought you were clean?" i say. "i am!" he says. "dont be stupid i saw you snorting the shit." i say.

"okay- i-i only today" he says.

"while its your day with aria?" i say, disappointed.

"shes sleeping over with sarah" he says.

"what if she comes back and your coked out!" i say.

"im not coked out!" he says getting frustrated.

"rafe i thought you got clean for aria." i say. "i did! for her, and you. okay, i did! i just couldn't take more shit from my dad he was pissing me off so bad i needed to get my mind off things!" he says.

"you could've called me! or your therapist! come on rafe!" i yell.

"i couldn't handle it! he was giving me so much fucking shit for proposing to you like he really doesn't want us to get married and it makes me so mad!" he says.

"well yeah i dont wanna be married either if your ganna be back in fucking coke!" i yell.

"dont say shit like that kaylen! you were literally so happy yesterday, if you wouldn't of showed up randomly you would feel the same!" he yells.

"this is so fucked up" i say.

"i-i dont know what to say rafe, im so disappointed in you you have been clean for so long and you just do the damn drugs again because what? your daddy made you mad? really?" i say.

"shut the fuck up thats not funny." he says as he balls his fists? obviously trying not to get violent.

"no rafe you shut up! im going home." i say as i start to leave the room.

he gets up and shuts the door and holds it so i cant leave.

"really?" i say.

"your not leaving while you're mad at me, thats not how it works." he says.

"then how does it work? explain it to me because i sure as hell am not ganna get un- mad at you that fast." i say.

"rafe you have a 3 year old daughter! she cant see you like this!" i yell.

"yeah i know! im never ganna do shit in front of her!" he yells.

"yeah but you did it once and now you're not ganna be able to stop, your a fucking drug addict rafe!" i yell.

i knew that was to far, there was a line and i crossed it.

but im caught off guard when i feel a hot sting on my cheek.

did he just slap me?!?

i look up at him as i bring a hand up to my cheek. he shoots a hand over his mouth.