18. no choice

i saw him and anessa on the couch, oh fucking hell he was asking her now!

"look what the cat dragged in." anessa says. i make eye contact with rafe before immediately turning around.

"im sorry" i say as i leave.

fuck my life honestly, I knew I really hurt him but I did not expect for him to ask her now.

i walk back to my car and drive home as fast as i can. when i get there i walk in and toppers in the kitchen eating ice cream.

"that was quick" he says. "i dont wanna talk about it" i say as i go and take his ice cream away and eat it myself.

"rude" he says. "shut up its my food" i say.

"did aria wake up?" i ask. "nope" he says, i nod.

"hey im supposed to go over to the camerons and hang with sarah, you ganna be okay alone?" he asks.

"yes topper im not 5." i say. "okay.. bye" he says. "bye" i say as he leaves.

i get up to lock the front door and then go to sit on the couch.

~

its been around 30 minutes and i saw the door nub turning, meaning someone was trying to get in.

i walk over to the door look through the peep hole since it was late at night.

it was a random man, wearing a mask.

"get out of here!" i yell through the door. "open up!" he yells.

"look i dont have any money please just leave!" i say.

he starts banging on the door and i didn't want aria to hear.

"shit" i whispered starting to freak out. "who are you!?" i yell.

"you're little boyfriends buddy, he owes me some cabbage!" he yells.

barry

"barry i dont have money!" i say. he doesn't leave.

rafe is the last person i want to call right now but i need to, i wouldn't if aria wasn't with me but she was home.

i pressed call on rafes contact and he didn't answer.

i heard a gun shot and saw he shot the door handle off and walked inside.

"barry i have a kid sleeping just leave please ill find money and i-ill bring it to you i cant do anything right now id have to go to the bank!" i say, as my eyes start to water.

"how much does he owe you?" i asks.

"around 2 grand" he says. my mouth falls open. "ill get it to you, just leave" i say.

he shuts the door and presses the gun against my neck. "you're going to need to find a way to pay me." he says.

"i dont know how! i dont have any money here." i say.

"either you get me my money" he says. "you find another way to pay me" he says as his eyes trail down my body. "or i take you're baby, and dont worry ill keep it safe" he says.

"barry i dont have money! and your most definitely not going a fucking step near my child!" i say.

"looks like you only have one choice left" he says. "please dont do this." i say.

"do what? you have choices so you clearly want this to happen." he says.

"i don't have a choice!" i say. "oh but you do, you're just picking the one you like the most." he says. "can you just go home, when the bank opens tomorrow I'll give you money I'll get it i promise!" i say.