Chapter 46 ♢ : Safe

Taeyeon's p.o.v:

His eyes open wide in shock, "You really don't know who I am?"
I shake my head. What is he even on about? I've never even met him before, "Look, I don't know who Yonghi is, but it's not me." I tell him firmly. He stares at me for a long while, looking at my face, trying to search for something.

We stand in silence, his gaze making me feel uncomfortably exposed. He looks down at my wrist and back up at me, "What's that," he murmurs, "who gave that to you."

The bracelet is one of the only things that I've managed to keep with me from my past. It dangles loosely on my wrist, showing off it's beautiful silver. "My mother gave it to me." I lie, however, it is partly true, she was the one who handed it to me.

The hopeful look drops off his face. He clenches a fist in front of his face, then let's it drop. "I'm sorry," he sighs, "I-I don't think I'm feeling too well today. I apologise if I scared you."

My heart clenches with guilt, maybe it's because of how disappointed and stressed he looks. "It's fine." I tell him, "but anyway, I haven't introduced myself to you. I'm Kim Taeyeon."
"Byun Baekhyun."
He holds out a hand, I hesistate for a moment, but I look up to meet his gaze, and I take it firmly, "It's nice to meet you."
"Are you a trainee here?" He asks.
"Yes."

The awkward atmosphere grows thicker as we stand facing each other, "Ah, I see."
I want to get out of here as quick as I can, Baekhyun is making me feel weird, something strange draws me to him, but I just can't get what it is. "I think I should get going now. There's people waiting for me upstairs."

A faint smile crosses his lips, "Okay. Bye, I hope we can meet again soon."
The thought of seeing Baekhyun again makes me feel stangely uncomfortable. It's not that I don't like him or anything, it's just that he gives off a weird vibe, but not in a bad way.

I give him a small bow and head out of the basement empty-handed, still dazed at the thought of Baekhyun.

Well that was a weird first meeting.

-

"WHERE ARE THE PROPS?!" The instructer screams, her eyes shooting invisible fireballs at me. "I couldn't find them." I reply blankly.
She heaves out a heavy, fustrated sigh, trying to calm herself down, "I gave you the number and everything else, and yet you still didn't manage to find it. You're such a stupid girl."

My hands clench by my side. What right did she have to say that to me? I'd like her to go down there and find the box herself, does she even know how hard it is?

"Are you really going to make such a big deal out of it?" We both whirl around. Heechul, one of my best friends from Super Junior, stands near the door, leaning against the frame. I gasp in surprise, Heecul has been on a Japan tour with his members, I almost forgot that he was supposed to come back today.
"Ah, Heechul-ssi, you're back," her voice is suddenly calm and soft. What a two faced bitch.
"I was just teaching her a lesson abo-"
"I know, I heard everything." He interupts, uninterested in what she has to say.
Heechul would probably be the only one in the whole of SM to get away with that. It's because he's such a laid-back, cool, respected and unique person, even Lee Soo Man admires and loves him to bits. There's no way anyone would want to mess with him.
"But, I just don't think you need to be too harsh on the girl, right?"
"Ah, yes, I'm sorry."
Heechul gives her a look and guestures her with his hand.
She turns to me, a bitter smile curling up on her lips, "I'm sorry, Taeyeon." The words come out forced, but they're better than nothing. I hold down a giggle, amused at how powerless she seems once Heechul is here.
"It's okay, sunbaenim."
She gives me a cold glare before scurrying out of the room.