Chapter 53 ♤ : Confused

not edited. sorry for any mistakes or repeats :)

Taeyeon

I open my eyes lazily, still stirring from the long sleep. Squinting my eyes, I take in the unfamiliar environment. White walls, beeping sounds, an uncomfortable bed, and a strange smell of sanitizer.

Where am I?

Groaning, I force myself up, only to realise nine pairs of eyes looking at me, making me freeze and stare back at them.
"Taeyeon, You're awake!" Says Seohyun, sounding relieved, her eyes red and puffy, "Thank god you're alright. We were so shocked, what happened?"
"I... don't know." I lie, looking away.
How am I supposed to tell them I'm suffering from amnesia, that I don't even know what I actually am, "I guess I was just really tired. But anyway, who did I get here?"
I don't remember anything after I passed out in Baekhyun's arms.
"Baekhyun sunbaenim was carrying you on his back when we found you guys. Then the ambulance arrived."
"Oh..." is all I can say. I have to thank him later, if he wasn't there then I don't know what would've happened. But there is another thing that I have to take care of. Jaesung and Songkyo. How will I find and talk to them?

The nurse comes in and gives me a quick checkup before being discharged from the hospital.

***

Back at the Dorm

The moonlight dimly lights up the room, helping me with my thoughts that are making my head wanting to burst into pieces. Why did I suddenly remember them? There must of been some sort of trigger. But what was it? I let out a frustrated sigh and turn over on my side. Why can't I remember anything else. But there is something else that I find confusing, why does everything happen when Baekhyun is around?

What if he knows me.

The single statement makes the missing pieces of the puzzle fit back together. When I first met him, the way he looked at me, it was as if he knew who I was. That would explain everything right? The reason why he's always out there looking over me, always pulling me out of sticky situations.
But why hasn't Baekhyun done anything, like ask me questions about who I am.

I'll ask him tomorrow. I have to.

I think it's time I stop hiding from the past, I have to face it sometime anyway, it might as well be now .
Picking up my phone I quickly send a text to him before I have any second thoughts.

Baekhyun-ssi,

Could you meet me on the rooftop tomorrow at lunch.
I have something I need to say.

Taeyeon

***

next day - Lunch

Leaning against the rails of the rooftop, I gaze down at the cars and buildings below as the wind blows softly against my face. I think about how I should start when Baekhyun arrives. How will I ask him?
'Hey Baekhyun, I was just wondering if you know me from high school or something. Because, you know, something happened and I lost all my memories and I just wanted to see if you know anything.' I think sarcastically.Yes Taeyeon, because that will go so smoothly .

"Taeyeon." Someone calls from behind, I turn back and see Baekhyun looking at me. He looks amazing as usual. Soft black hair, a white t-shirt and blue, ripped jeans.
"You wanted to see me?" He asks, joining me at the rail.
"Yeah..." I mutter, "Thank you for yesterday."
He waves a hand in the air in dismissive gesture, "It's fine. Don't worry about it." He says, "Anyway, are you feeling any better? You looked like you were in a lot of pain."
"I'm feeling fine now, thanks."
I feel as if I'm dragging this conversation in very slow circles. Just get to the point Taeyeon. I turn around to face him properly, "Baekhyun-ssi."
"Ahh, Taeyeon, we're already friends now. Just call me Baekhyun. "
I nod, "Okay, Baekhyun. I was just wondering... do you perhaps know me? From high school or something?"
Baekhyun stiffens a little, "Why?" he asks, his voice steady and calm.
"I... it's just that, honestly speaking, I lost my memories when I was 16. I don't remember anything that happened to me before and it feels like you kno-"
"No." He cuts in in an icy tone, pain flickers across his face for just a moment before all it goes completely blank.
"What?"
"I don't know you from high school or anything. And I'm sorry to hear about your memories."
"But... you act like you know me, ever since the start it was as i-"
"That was just because you reminded me of someone I used to know." He says, interrupting me the second time. I don't know why, but for some reason, his words hurt me, making my eyes blur.
"Oh. And that reminds me." He adds, turning to me. His eyes emotionless and cool. "We should stop seeing each other." He says in a neutral tone.
"W-what...?" A tear slips out of my eye and I stare at him in disbelief. Baekhyun's sudden change scares me, did I say something wrong. Why is he like this?
"I've met heaps of girls like you, you were quite cute, but I'm getting bored." He continues, playing with his nails and ignoring me, "So it's time to move on right?"
Baekhyun pushes himself off the railing and starts to walk towards the door, but I catch his wrist before he can move any further.
"Why are you being like this? This isn't the true you, Baekhyun."
There's a moment of silence, I feel him tremble for a second before he turns to face me.
"Well this is the real me, Taeyeon. Get over it."
He flicks my hand away and leaves the rooftop. I stand there shocked.

What the hell just happened?