Chapter 19 ♧ : Let the wars begin

A few days after the kiss:

I walk down the corridor and go to my locker. For the whole entire weekend could not get the scene out of my head. Baekhyun kissing me. The thought of it makes my insides warm, I have to pinch myself every now and then to remind me that the kiss was real.

"Hey YongHi!" greets Song Kyo.

"Hey"

"You feeling better?"

"Yeah haha I guess so," I say while taking out my math books from my locker,"I haven't seen you in such a long time!"

"I know!!" Songkyo replies in a dramatic voice,"I missed having you around.."

"Well guess what? Me too," We both giggle and link arms on our way to the classroom.

As we enter, a group of girls stand in the corner, monitoring our every move. It's YuSam and her gang. SongKyo shuffles closer to me, trying to protect me from their icy glares.

I take a quick glance at YuSam. She still looks the same. Beautiful, proud and neat. The only flaw is the dirty look on her face, making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

SongKyo and I sit down next to each other. "I think we should be careful today. YuSam is still probably pretty pissed about the breakup," she whispers, "but don't worry, I'll be here when you need me."

"Thank you." I give her a warm, genuine smile.

I know what's going to happen, I can feel it, no, see it. My experiences with YuSam are never good, even from the very first day we met. I'm probably going to get into some sort of physical fight with her today.

But I'm not going to be the victim anymore, I will never let it happen again; atleast not now. If she wants a fight, she can have a fight. If she wants it rough, she can have it rough.

Surprisingly, YuSam doesn't make any sly moves during class, which makes me curious. What exactly is she up to...?

A part of me tells me that we're up for something far worse than expected.

But I'm not afraid, no more backing out. This time, I fight back.

The bell rings and everyone quickly rushes out of the classroom apart from me, Songkyo, YuSam and her gang. It's as if the class had sensed World War III coming. Which it sort of has.

I slowly begin to tidy my desk and take my books, so does Songkyo. I monitor their every move, so that if they try to make a surprise attack, they can't.

But nothing happens.

YuSam takes her books and leaves the room without a word. No insults, no physical punches or kicks. Nothing.

"Well that was weird," says SongKyo as her eyebrows knit together, I was expecting some sort lf rage attack from her..."

I nod in reply. But I'm worried that YuSam may be planning something beyond my expectations. My heart feels uneasy, something isn't right. I know it.

"Let's go," I whisper with my eyes glued onto the door.

***

Absoultely nothing has happened between YuSam and I. Apart from some frequent glares and smirks.

"I'm home."

"Oh, YongHi, you're back darling," She says with her lips pressed into a tight line.

"Hi, mum," I greet while taking off my shoes, "Is everything alright?"

"Your sister isn't feeling too well... I think you have a talk with her since seems to feel more comfortable with telling you things..."

"What happened?"