• Special Passage •

A/N this isn't really a special chapter, it's more like a special passage thing? I didn't know what to call it haha. Hope you enjoy this, please let me know your thoughts on this :) ps. This doesnt have anything to do with Moonlight haha, its just something I felt like writing

-

Baekhyun

Taeyeon was my whole world, my existance... my everything. Through my toughest times, I leaned on her. She never left my side, she always listened to me and comforted me with the right words. Taeyeon knew me better than anyone else. I loved her, she loved me, and that was all we needed.
But then one night, she broke down. All of her bottled up emotions poured out. One of the strongest people I knew was cryingㅡ and I didn't know what to do. It was always the other way around, but I guess that changed. I felt useless. There she was, curled up against me with tear stained eyes, asking me, "Why are people like this?". I couldn't answer her question because even I didn't know why. Why people hated us being together, why the people we thought wanted the best for us turned their backs on us. At the time she looked so vunerable, it was as if a simple word would've broken her to pieces. So I didn't say anything. All I did was pull her closer to me and whispered how much I loved her.
Then it finally struck me. Did I deserve Taeyeon's selfless love for me? No. I didn't think I did. She did everything for me and showed me light when I was trapped in the darkness. And there I was, clueless in such a simple situation, I couldn't do anything.

I should've said more, done more. Given her happiness when she needed it, lent her a shoulder to lean on when she was sad. Tell her how much she meant to me.

But that's all too late now.

Because I was stupid enough to let her go.

Because I thought I didn't deserve her.

***

Taeyeon

Baekhyun was the light of my world, he shone happiness into my darkest times, gave me warmth when the coldness threatened to consume me and he extended his hand when I tried to shut everyone out. He was like my flickering flame that never died out. I tried to be the person that he could count on, the person who would always give him a place to go to when the world outside was being cruel. Then one day, I let it all out. The anger, the sadness, the disappointment. The fact that the people we trusted could do this to us, but at the same time, I didn't blame them. I was scared how Baekhyun would think of me. Weak, vunerable, a cry baby. But he didn't think any of those things, he just held me tighter and told me how much he loved me.

Baekhyun was my air when I was drowning. My heart beat only for his. He was my everything.

But I wonder if that's still the same now.
Because he left me without a word.

I guess I wasn't good enough for him.